Tracking code does not work

EZ-Ryderz

I found a geocoin in a cache and while trying to log it , the code does not work. I have alot of experience in moving/logging trackables  and have tried every variation of the #. It has an O so I've tried 0 ( zero ) o  O  All ohter numbers are very clear.

58 minutes ago, EZ-Ryderz said:

I found a geocoin in a cache and while trying to log it , the code does not work. I have alot of experience in moving/logging trackables  and have tried every variation of the #. It has an O so I've tried 0 ( zero ) o  O  All ohter numbers are very clear.

Does it have the text “Track at Geocaching.com?  Was it listed in the cache inventory?  Is it a coin that seems to have never been logged?  Or a proxy, like an item with a piece of paper with the code written on it?

You must return specifically to the search page after every failed attempt:

https://www.geocaching.com/track/

18 hours ago, EZ-Ryderz said:

I found a geocoin in a cache and while trying to log it , the code does not work.

I have alot of experience in moving/logging trackables  and have tried every variation of the #. It has an O so I've tried 0 ( zero ) o  O 

All ohter numbers are very clear.

You didn't say, but like kunarion, we've noticed a few "geocoins" lately that didn't have "track at geocaching.com", but had what appeared to be a code.

Guessing folks didn't understand their own isn't the same    :)       Not sure why this is a thing now...

As kunarion said, does it have "track at geocaching" or similar on it?

There was another thread on the forum a week or three ago about a geocoin from a discontinued company, which for all intents and purposes looked like a GC geocoin but had a tracking number that wasn't in the GC database. That coin was now essentially very fancy swag.

Pathtags look very similar to geocoins but have a different function and come from a competing service so they don't get discussed on the forum much. But they should have their website written on the back.

There are other third-party services which offer geocoins (or trackable codes that people can put on coins they make themselves or get professionally made) which would fall into the same category as above.

Maybe post some photos here of the front and back of the coin you have, with the tracking code covered with a bit of paper?

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1