Santa Cruz Island

jjqgenesis

Hi folks. Just found out abpot this geocaching hobby and getting hooked on it. Have only looked for and found one cache.

I will be sailing out to Santa Cruz Island this coming Saturday and spending 5 days there. I have downloaded several benchmark locations for some of the anchorages I may stay at. Thought this would be fun since I've already hiked all the trails and this will add interest.

Are there any geocaches hidden on the island? I was able to find only a reference to some visuals at Anacapa Island by 'georgeandmary'.

Any information will be appreciated.

jjqgenesis

jjqgenesis

I've spent a lot of time on the island as my father was a good friend of Doc Stanton who owned the island. I've been going there since '66 by plane or boat(Navy used to give us a ride over with supplies for the ranch). I now go over on my 20 ft power boat sometimes with my brother on his Catalina sailboat. The Nature Conservancy that now ownes most of the island will not allow geocaching so I had planned to make virtual caches there. Since your going over before I will consider a virtual cache. Peter icon_biggrin.gif

I've spent a lot of time on the island as my father was a good friend of Doc Stanton who owned the island. I've been going there since '66 by plane or boat(Navy used to give us a ride over with supplies for the ranch). I now go over on my 20 ft power boat sometimes with my brother on his Catalina sailboat. The Nature Conservancy that now ownes most of the island will not allow geocaching so I had planned to make virtual caches there. Since your going over before I will consider a virtual cache. Peter icon_biggrin.gif