Solution Checker question

N6HE

Hi - I'm putting together my first puzzle cache and it's being reviewed, I've selected Solution Checker for the page, and I see that as CO, I see the correct coord solution actually shown on the page. Surely, when it gets published, the final cache coords will not show up in the box for them to try to see if their solution is correct, right?

40 minutes ago, N6HE said:

Surely, when it gets published, the final cache coords will not show up in the box for them to try to see if their solution is correct, right?

I am not convinced that the solution will mysteriously disappear from the page where it should not appear at first, unless you tested the checker yourself with the correct solution.

If you didn't try the checker the correct solution shouldn't be visible at the description at all. Only bogus coordinates should be visible even for the CO.

• Upvote 1

Like arisoft, I'm concerned.  When I looked a Mystery cache of mine with the in house checker, it has the Bogus coords loaded. If I correct the bogus coords to the actual cache coords, then the checker shows them. 

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC39546

Look at this, you should see

N 28° 21.000 W 082° 06.000  as the cache coords, and again, in the checker.

There are 2 places for you to look at a cache you own - the cache page, and the cache EDIT page. On the EDIT page, the final shows, but the checker is only there as a check box

Display the solution checker on the cache page. This will also add the Geocaching.com solution checker attribute.

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Helpful 1
On 5/27/2021 at 1:09 AM, N6HE said:

Hi - I'm putting together my first puzzle cache and it's being reviewed, I've selected Solution Checker for the page, and I see that as CO, I see the correct coord solution actually shown on the page. Surely, when it gets published, the final cache coords will not show up in the box for them to try to see if their solution is correct, right?

Make sure you haven't muddled up the bogus posted coordinates and final coordinates in setting up the cache page. For a mystery, when creating the page it asks for the final coordinates first and then the bogus ones, which is the opposite way around to a multi where it asks for the listed coordinates first and the final last.