idea missions for travel bug

ChaosFr0g

I have had a few travel bugs, but I want to give one something other then the 'travel to all the states' or 'go to disneyland' or 'get as far as possible', because those trackables are very common and tend to get ignored. What are some crazy, funny, and cool goal ideas for a travel bug?

• Funny 1
23 minutes ago, ChaosFr0g said:

I have had a few travel bugs, but I want to give one something other then the 'travel to all the states' or 'go to disneyland' or 'get as far as possible', because those trackables are very common and tend to get ignored. What are some crazy, funny, and cool goal ideas for a travel bug?

For my TBs, the goal sometimes depends on the trackable itself. I think one of the most fun ones I remember was take a picture of the travel bug with your pet. 

I'm sure there are a lot of creative goals out there and others will post about them. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

For my TBs, the goal sometimes depends on the trackable itself.

I try to keep a goal in theme with either the TB or the item I choose to attach to it.  In keeping with my geo-name, I attach a wine cork to a generic TB and ask it to visit wineries anywhere in the world.  I've gotten photos of them (I have a few out there) at wineries in Europe, Texas, Napa, etc - it's fun to see where they end up.

Hubby has one attached to a Snoopy figure with a ball glove - he calls it Home Run Snoopy and it wants to visit ball parks.

I have one in my inventory that wants to have its photo taken at the Golden Gate Bridge - I haven't made it for the photo yet but its on my agenda - then I'll pass it on.  I recently passed along one that had an Eiffel Tower charm attached, with a goal of Paris and the Eiffel Tower.  I'm not headed there anytime soon, so I passed it along.

One really interesting one we picked up is called "Qi to the Cache" - it's literally a key, that opens a lock on a cache (ammo can), on a couple of different caches.  There are several "Qi" TB's, and the idea is to open the cache(s), log them, and pass on the "Qi" for another cacher to find and log the caches.  We've found one of the caches, and have yet to go find the other (it's an hour or more drive away and we just haven't done it yet). If one "Qi" goes missing there are still more out there floating around.

Just a few ideas from things we've done or come across in our travels...

I picked up a TB that had a goal of travelling to the Antarctic. I knew someone going there and they took it with them and took photographs of the TB in the Antarctic. They visited a cache there and took a picture of the TB there. Unfortunately this person wasn't a geocacher and so couldn't log the TB into the cache, but the TB was there, it visited with photographic proof, so I made a note saying the TB visited, so it got it's visit there. With present limited travel, this would be a more difficult goal under today's situation. Same as with goals of any long distant travel from country to country. Here there have been restrictions at times within Australia for instance, to stop any cases of Covid from spreading and so to keep us most of the time Covid free. International travel is virtually impossible. This makes travel for TBs at present restricted, so at present, likely better to have non-international goals on TBs. Visit caches with views for instance, would be more achievable, or visit caches with names starting with 'C', in cemeteries, etc.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:37 PM, ChaosFr0g said:

Like Max and 99, ours usually had goals fitting their description.

- A V-Twin motor was to stop at Harley dealerships (grease/oil changes ;), or sit on your bike for pics.

Another, a 3/4" working fishing reel was to travel to fishing areas, or trout hatcheries.

A promotion Smokey Bear was to visit fire towers.   That sorta thing...    :)