Looking For Group Members - Running Water

Yes, I know there's another group & category devoted to rivers, but its scope is limited. There are many places to view moving water besides a river's origins, confluence points, and endpoints. I anticipate this, and eventually a category based on it, to be a place to post photos of all the places to view moving water - Rivers, canals, streams, etc.

So, I'm looking for group members.

Landscape-1.jpg

13 minutes ago, blakelylaw580 said:

Yes, I know there's another group & category devoted to rivers, but its scope is limited. There are many places to view moving water besides a river's origins, confluence points, and endpoints. I anticipate this, and eventually a category based on it, to be a place to post photos of all the places to view moving water - Rivers, canals, streams, etc.

So, I'm looking for group members.

Landscape-1.jpg

The first thing that comes to mind is over prevalence. Tell me otherwise. I'm willing to listen.

EG: A photo taken from a bridge of the water running underneath. Or parking at the edge of a bridge & walking down to the water's edge underneath it. The beauty of these places, changing as the seasons change is often amazing. Since the photo is not actually of the bridge, it obviously does not fit into any of the bridge categories. The photo I posted is actually taken from just a "regular" river bank. Admittedly the photo is taken in a state park, but that category requires a lot of additional stuff; e.g.: a photo of the park entrance sign.

I think there would be a plethora of photos in such a category (unless the other rivers category can be broadenedd). If you think that would be more likely, let me know.

BTW, I'm semi-retired now as of a couple of weeks ago, so I can hopefully be much more active on here again as I sort through a mega backlog pf pld photos.

What I don't understand: Most of the time I can see "Running Water" along almost the whole run of a river. So, theoretically one could post hundreds or thousands of WMs along ONE river. How is this to be prevented? I guess with subjective criteria like "a beautiful spot" or something? And like Max and 99 said: "over prevalence".

On 1/25/2022 at 6:32 AM, PISA-caching said:

What I don't understand: Most of the time I can see "Running Water" along almost the whole run of a river. So, theoretically one could post hundreds or thousands of WMs along ONE river. How is this to be prevented? I guess with subjective criteria like "a beautiful spot" or something? And like Max and 99 said: "over prevalence".

As both Andreas and 99 point out, this could lead to a "FLOOD" of Waymarks in short order, unless handled properly, such as one WM per "Running Water" per country. Regardless of how it might be handled, I alone could overflow your mailbox in short order as British Columbia is host to a pisspot full of rivers, creeks, streams, streamlets and rivulets, not to mention those of neighbouring provinces and states.

Keith

... ... Later:

After some thought, the proposal seems to be not that outlandish. Necessarily, though, it could be, however, the most subjective category yet to see the light of day, each submission being subject to the eye and the taste of the beholder/reviewer - not a situation with which I would necessarily disagree. To borrow some mental imagery from blakelylaw580, "The beauty of these places, changing as the seasons change, is often amazing."

A category such as this has the potential for some wonderfully Scenic Waymarks, accompanied by marvelous imagery, as in the OP's photo. I wish I could accompany my thoughts with some equally marvelous imagery, but, for now the following, from a Waymark of mine, is all that comes to mind.

8504b73e-0ce8-41ff-a3b6-f987acf6fc95.jpg

It is along the Granby River in BC,  well north of Grand Forks. It certainly ain't great, and not on the level of the OP's photo, but probably more on the level of what the OP/officer could expect to receive on a day to day basis. Which begs the guestion: Would this photo accompany an acceptable submission?

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Upvote 1