'Send to Garmin' Failures

Lostboy1966

Being a slow-paced finder, I don't download to my device that often. After some tinkering and testing, it seems there are just certain caches that refuse the Send To Garmin command. Very odd. I can easily work around it by downloading the GPX instead, but I just wanted to drop the observation off in case anyone else has noticed this behavior. :lostsignal:

I find this behaviour is highly repeatable and the same for all caches:

• Specific steps to reproduce the bug.
    • Select cache from map and select "send to garmin" on either the quick view page or the full cache description page. 
    • An error message appears saying "Garmin Express cannot be found. Make sure the newest version is installed". 
    • If this is the first attempt to "Send to garmin", Garmin Express is launched and the select GPS device box displayed, cache is downloaded to GPS successfully after nominating a GPSMap64s
    • After a successful attempt, no further caches can be downloaded using this method. After a couple of days or reboots, it may be possible to use the function again. There seems to be no reliable work around procedure to get this working again. I've tried quitting garmin express and its background process, restarting the browser, logging out/back in to GC.com, etc.
  • Your Operating System. Windows XP or Mac 10.4
    • Windows 10
  • Your browser and version number. IE 7.0, Firefox 2.01, or Opera 9.1
    • Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Does it happen in other browsers on your computer?
    • Don't use other browsers. 
  • GC code if the bug occurred on a cache page.
    • Any code can be used, for example GC74FE4
  • Additional information that can help.
    • Garmin express v7.7.0.0  (no further updates available at this time.