How do I find double or missing logs on GC or GSAK?

saddler21

Hi everyone,

I've got 2797 finds according to geocaching.com, but when I pull MyFinds PQ through to GSAK, I'm only getting 2792 coming through. Is there a way I can find the discrepancy easily without manually cross checking? I'm assuming its a double logging situation, but I've been away from caching for a while, and have forgotten how to do this kind of stuff.

Thanks for your help :-)

Sally AKA Saddler21

6 minutes ago, saddler21 said:

I've got 2797 finds according to geocaching.com, but when I pull MyFinds PQ through to GSAK, I'm only getting 2792 coming through. Is there a way I can find the discrepancy easily without manually cross checking? I'm assuming its a double logging situation, but I've been away from caching for a while, and have forgotten how to do this kind of stuff.

That's a difference of 5 finds. Your profile shows 5 lab caches. Lab caches do not appear in PQs, including the My Finds PQ.

• Helpful 1
On 5/15/2021 at 9:26 AM, saddler21 said:

Aha. I didn't realise this. Also wasn't aware I had done five lab caches (thought I'd done my first one today). Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it.

One Adventure Lab = 5 Lab Caches which translates to 5 "finds".

Semantics, terminology, whatever you want to call it - the mechanics behind the whole Lab cache/Adventure Lab has been a surprise to many. Each stage of an Adventure Lab is considered as a "Lab Cache" and therefore earns one find/smilie.  The complete Adventure can earn you up to 10 (in the case of special Route 66, Lincoln Highway, and possibly other series), typically 5 finds.