Phishing Warning

msrubble

On one of my own hides, where I had visited the page earlier today. This time when I went to log Owner Maintenance, I get this in Google Chrome on Windows 10:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on 1666210260.rsc.cdn77.org may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

Back to safetyHide details

7 minutes ago, msrubble said:

On one of my own hides, where I had visited the page earlier today. This time when I went to log Owner Maintenance, I get this in Google Chrome on Windows 10:

It's not just when I try to open my own caches.  I tried several others.  Got the exact same warning.  Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 here.  It only happens in Chrome.

OK, I got the red page warning when clicking a cache owner name just now, in Chrome on my Windows 10 PC.  I can't get it consistently.  In fact, it only happened that one time so far on my PC.

Two references to "https://1666210260.rsc.cdn77.org/geocaching/" exist in the HTML of the cache pages.  This looks like an ad server section.

I don't know how long that code has been there.  I'm guessing this code existed just fine, and now Chrome is flagging it.  Just a guess.

Edited by kunarion