Hitting navigate on any cache default to the entire world.

Ok so this has been mentioned many times on various Facebook groups. That when you hit navigate it takes you to a spaceshuttle view of the world. This is since the last android Geocaching app update. 

Clicking back then navigate a second time corrects the issue. 

I figured it must have been reported here but I can find any mention. 

I think I speak for all... That this will be fixed soon. 

• Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, Dotty_Bird said:

Ok so this has been mentioned many times on various Facebook groups. That when you hit navigate it takes you to a spaceshuttle view of the world. This is since the last android Geocaching app update. 

I am not seeing this behavior. Thankfully!

On 5/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, Dotty_Bird said:

when you hit navigate it takes you to a spaceshuttle view of the world. This is since the last android Geocaching app update. 

This has happened to me a number of times, but not every time.  Navigate zooms out to show half the globe, but backing out and hitting Navigate again usually corrects it.  

Currently on V. 8.47.1, Android 10, Google Pixel

• Upvote 2
On 5/15/2021 at 2:35 AM, Dotty_Bird said:

I'm getting the same thing on my Motorola G4 including clicking Navigate again to get back to where it should be.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:35 AM, Dotty_Bird said:

Three times  today when I hit navigate to a cache it defaulted to the whole world map. 

8 minutes ago, Dotty_Bird said:

This is still happening. Brought up on FB today when a newbie tried to navigate to their first cache and this happened. It's been going on for a very long time now.

Are the hamsters any closer to working out the issue? 

It happens to me almost every time I'm out geocaching. I just have to go back and then hit navigate again to get it to navigate correctly. 

3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:
4 hours ago, TurnerTribe said:

This happens to me too, every single time I try to navigate to a cache. 

I know it's annoying but if you hit the back button and navigate again it almost always has correct navigation. 

It's a workaround, and shouldn't be necessary, but it is simple enough to do.  If your navigation goes to a world view, tap back, then navigate again, and things should be as you expect.

Version 9.0

Android 12

Pixel 4a

On 4/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, Max and 99 said:

if you hit the back button and navigate again it almost always has correct navigation. 

This worked today. But before I checked the forum today, I didn't know this trick worked. There might be others who don't check the forum, and therefore don't realise there's an easy workaround. I hope this will be fixed soon! 

Screenshot_20220430_152500_com.groundspeak.geocaching.intro.jpg

11 hours ago, flaggstikk said:

This worked today. But before I checked the forum today, I didn't know this trick worked. There might be others who don't check the forum, and therefore don't realise there's an easy workaround. I hope this will be fixed soon! 

I understand! I now see it almost every single time I navigate to a geocache. 

On 5/18/2022 at 9:10 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Thank you to all for reporting this issue. Our engineers have been made aware and are looking into a fix.

Any news on this fix yet? This particular bug has occurred atleast twice - it was resolved for a short while before reverting again to showing the whole world when hitting 'navigate' on a cache - this happens every time on every cache for me and is INCREDIBLY irritating - why should I have to keep hitting back and then navigate again just to get it to work properly? Please sort it out.

• Funny 1

Same here... It used to happen intermittently at first, but now it's every single time.

Can you please fix this bug that has been ongoing for such a long time? I know it can be sorted by going back and clicking 'Navigate' a second time, but we shouldn't have to!

On 5/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Thank you to all for reporting this issue. Our engineers have been made aware and are looking into a fix.

It's still happening. It seems to happen between a third to half the time I try to navigate to a waypoint in the app.

I can't figure out what the common factor is. Connectivity does not appear to make a difference, I've had this happen even if I have five bars on 5G.