[BUG] App occasionally thinks it is on Null Island (N 0 E 0)

hzoi

Anyone else getting this? A few times now, I have been minding my own business, navigating to a cache, when the app goes from whatever the actual distance to the cache is, to over 5000 miles. It would appear it thinks it is on Null Island, N 0 E 0.

Exiting the app quickly fixes the issue upon restart, but it is annoying. 

Screen cap attached if it helps. Using v8.47.1 on Android 11, on a Galaxy A52 5G.

Screenshot_20210512-111640_Geocaching.thumb.jpg.e826fe6ea8c03038bbbd3d7a804837f5.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
On 5/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, hzoi said:

Anyone else getting this? A few times now, I have been minding my own business, navigating to a cache, when the app goes from whatever the actual distance to the cache is, to over 5000 miles. It would appear it thinks it is on Null Island, N 0 E 0.

I've seen this a few times, too.  If I use the "back" arrow (top left of screen) and then tap Navigate again, it fixes itself and navigates normally (no need to restart the app).  At least, it fixes it till the next time it happens, usually once or twice each day I use the app to cache.  Annoying, yes, but two taps (back, and Navigate) and I'm in business again.

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback. I know it has an easy fix - I pointed that out in my initial post. But since it's clearly a bug, I figure the dev team would want to hear about it. So here I am.

Edited by hzoi
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1