Geooh GO

I saw this in today's newsletter and I'm confused. Should I be using this instead of the official geocaching app? Or should I be using it as a second app that has additional features? Who has used this app and can tell me more?

Geooh GO for Android is a feature-rich geocaching app designed for Premium members who want advanced tools and capabilities. Some of these features include a built-in Wherigo® player, Travel Bug® scanner, solution checker, and Wear OS support. 

Additionally, Geooh GO has integrated waypoint averaging, nearby geocache notifications, proximity alerts, and unique Android-only features such as picture-in-picture mode, dark mode, split-screen landscape mode for tablets, and sharing Lists wirelessly with nearby Geooh users.

• Funny 1

I've used it and really like it. The pocket queries and lists download very quickly. I used it for one Wherigo and had no issues there. Probably my biggest complaint is that there isn't a way to access the compass once you go into the listing. If you click on the navigation option once in the listing, it will assume you're driving and open Google Maps. This can be changed in the setting to use a different navigation app but I didn't see an option to have it default to the compass.

To use the compass, you click on the icon on the map and then the compass symbol on the same screen. It's not really that bad except when the first time you use the app and you're looking for the compass option in the listing and think you're going crazy not seeing it. Overall, I think it's a great app but I keep using the official app just because the official app has a better draft feature. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
1 minute ago, Crow-T-Robot said:

I've used it and really like it. The pocket queries and lists download very quickly. I used it for one Wherigo and had no issues there. Probably my biggest complaint is that there isn't a way to access the compass once you go into the listing. If you click on the navigation option once in the listing, it will assume you're driving and open Google Maps. This can be changed in the setting to use a different navigation app but I didn't see an option to have it default to the compass.

To use the compass, you click on the icon on the map and then the compass symbol on the same screen. It's not really that bad except when the first time you use the app and you're looking for the compass option in the listing and think you're going crazy not seeing it. Overall, I think it's a great app but I keep using the official app just because the official app has a better draft feature. 

Thank you! 

3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Some of these features include a built-in Wherigo® player,

Does this mean Wherigo is getting more support?

As someone who likes putting things together, I love the concept of WIG and can see lots of potential for it - but I got put off from giving it a go due to the ongoing issues it has.

2 hours ago, Unit473L said:

Does this mean Wherigo is getting more support?

As someone who likes putting things together, I love the concept of WIG and can see lots of potential for it - but I got put off from giving it a go due to the ongoing issues it has.

Yikes, $4.99! But it might be worth it to me just to be able to play Wherigo. 

On 7/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, whereisjustin said:

In this app when you are viewing a list of caches, does anyone know what the colour next to the cache type icon means? E.g. green, yellow, red, purple, etc: https://geooh-go.com/images/screens/map-list.png

Emailing support@geooh.com is a great way to get help. The colors are visual indicators of difficulty... from green 1 to red 5.