Texas Geocoin

VentureForth

quote:
I've been designing web pages since 1992

Sorry, Jumpmaaster, my mistake. I did not realize you were actually Tim Berners-Lee.

quote:

Both of your websites are total crap holes

Ouch!.... So let me get this straight...I take it you are not happy with us, is that correct? Sorry, but I'm not too bright.

Somehow, all of a sudden, the old road runner cartoon, where wylie coyote jumps out of the plane, only to discover that his parachute has been switched for an anvil, comes to mind.

quote:
Originally posted by Jumpmaster:

You're a flaming moron.

(most of the post snipped)

I think everybody who has been posting to this thread needs to take a deep breath and calm down. Name-calling and flaming don't get anybody anywhere.

Jumpmaster: If you think the S&H charges are too high at any particular dealer, then DO NOT BUY THERE. Free market economy, and all that. If their charges are too high, they'll go out of business. Like any business in the USA, they are free to charge whatever the market will stand.

For anyone who has read jumpmaster's latest rant, I think it speaks for itself. There is no way to rationally respond to such an irrational diatribe - it would appear that we hit a nerve! If all he can do is resort to name calling, spouting generalities and inflating his own ego by telling EVERYONE how stupid they are compared to him, I'll just let him keep on digging that hole.

For those of you interested in the Texas geocoin, the shipment has arrived and they should go on sale next week (that is, if I can find a three year old to work on the web page) Thanks for your interest.

icon_wink.gif

On a lighter note:

A Rice Owl, a Longhorn, and an Aggie are running from the law and all three duck into a warehouse with the cops right on their trail. Before the cops reach the warehouse, all three find a place to hide. The cops walk in and come up to a crate. They kick the crate and the Owl who’s inside goes, “Woof, Woof.” The cops say it’s just a dog and move on to a crate, which the Longhorn is hiding in. The cops kick the crate and the Longhorn goes, “Meow, Meow,” and the cops think that it’s only a cat. Finally the cops come up to a sack that the Aggie is hiding in. The cops kick the sack and the Aggie responds in a deep, slow voice, “Po-ta-toe”

[This message was edited by Neuman on June 25, 2002 at 11:37 AM.]

For anyone who has read jumpmaster's latest rant, I think it speaks for itself. There is no way to rationally respond to such an irrational diatribe - it would appear that we hit a nerve! If all he can do is resort to name calling, spouting generalities and inflating his own ego by telling EVERYONE how stupid they are compared to him, I'll just let him keep on digging that hole.

For those of you interested in the Texas geocoin, the shipment has arrived and they should go on sale next week (that is, if I can find a three year old to work on the web page) Thanks for your interest.

icon_wink.gif

On a lighter note:

A Rice Owl, a Longhorn, and an Aggie are running from the law and all three duck into a warehouse with the cops right on their trail. Before the cops reach the warehouse, all three find a place to hide. The cops walk in and come up to a crate. They kick the crate and the Owl who’s inside goes, “Woof, Woof.” The cops say it’s just a dog and move on to a crate, which the Longhorn is hiding in. The cops kick the crate and the Longhorn goes, “Meow, Meow,” and the cops think that it’s only a cat. Finally the cops come up to a sack that the Aggie is hiding in. The cops kick the sack and the Aggie responds in a deep, slow voice, “Po-ta-toe”

quote:
Originally posted by Neuman:

...spouting generalities and inflating his own ego by telling EVERYONE how stupid they are compared to him...

And you say _I_ am spouting generalities...at least I can read English. If you will have a grown-up read what I've said to you once again, you will find that contrary to your above statement, the only two people I've stated were of extremely low intelligence here were you and 8-bit. In fact, you were the only one I directly said this of. Turns out I was correct. icon_smile.gif

quote:

BTW - http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=programing is an acceptable spelling. I guess you're not as smart as you think. icon_wink.gif

How many websites did you have to search before you found one that incorrectly allows that spelling? If you'll look on your own link there, all the examples they give use the double "m" spellings. Go do a search on google.com for "programing" and note how many hits are returned. Then do one for "programming" and see what comes up, Nitwit.

Gee, it might be an acceptable spelling for complete morons. The rest of us, for whom English is not a second language, spell it "programming".

quote:

On a lighter note:

Yet another feeble attempt at humor. Did you have to spend half the day on the internet finding an Aggie joke?

Jumpmaster

[This message was edited by Jumpmaster on June 25, 2002 at 02:21 PM.]

quote:

...spouting generalities and inflating his own ego by telling EVERYONE how stupid they are compared to him...

And you say _I_ am spouting generalities...at least I can read English. If you will have a grown-up read what I've said to you once again, you will find that contrary to your above statement, the only two people I've stated were of extremely low intelligence here were you and 8-bit. In fact, you were the only one I directly said this of. Turns out I was correct. icon_smile.gif

quote:

BTW - http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=programing is an acceptable spelling. I guess you're not as smart as you think. icon_wink.gif

How many websites did you have to search before you found one that incorrectly allows that spelling? If you'll look on your own link there, all the examples they give use the double "m" spellings. Go do a search on google.com for "programing" and note how many hits are returned. Then do one for "programming" and see what comes up, Nitwit.

Gee, it might be an acceptable spelling for complete morons. The rest of us, for whom English is not a second language, spell it "programming".

quote:

On a lighter note:

Yet another feeble attempt at humor. Did you have to spend half the day on the internet finding an Aggie joke?

Jumpmaster

[This message was edited by Jumpmaster on June 25, 2002 at 02:21 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

Sorry, Jumpmaaster, my mistake. I did not realize you were actually Tim Berners-Lee.

This is quite humorous because it shows your glaring lack of knowledge on the history of the internet, html, and www. icon_smile.gif (i.e. You don't have the first idea when, how, or why html nor the www was developed, do you? Do you know what Gopher is? How about Archie? ARPAnet? You haven't the first clue what I'm talking about at all, right? I didn't think so...)

quote:

Ouch!.... So let me get this straight...I take it you are not happy with us, is that correct? Sorry, but I'm not too bright.

Oh, that was obvious a long time ago.

quote:

Somehow, all of a sudden, the old road runner cartoon, where wylie coyote jumps out of the plane, only to discover that his parachute has been switched for an anvil, comes to mind.

Well, if you ever grow the manhood to come skydive in Texas sometime (doubtful), just go to any drop zone. With any luck at all, I'll be the one to rig your gear so I can make that vision a reality for you when you're at 12,000' AGL plummeting (flailing uncontrollably) towards terra firma.

Jumpmaster

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

This is quite humorous because it shows your glaring lack of knowledge on the history of the internet, html, and www. icon_smile.gif (i.e. You don't have the first idea when, how, or why html nor the www was developed, do you? Do you know what Gopher is? How about Archie? ARPAnet? You haven't the first clue what I'm talking about at all, right? I didn't think so...)

quote:

Oh, that was obvious a long time ago.

quote:

Well, if you ever grow the manhood to come skydive in Texas sometime (doubtful), just go to any drop zone. With any luck at all, I'll be the one to rig your gear so I can make that vision a reality for you when you're at 12,000' AGL plummeting (flailing uncontrollably) towards terra firma.

Jumpmaster

Yet another substantive post from jumpmaster. He must be getting tired as there was only 1 'nitwit', 1 'moron', one reference to his super intelligence/my lack of any, and absolutely no expletives! Not your typical jumpmaster post.

Has anyone other than myself noticed his overwhelming need to confirm his intelligence, manhood, and, basically, his being better than everyone on here? (at least everyone who doesn't agree with him)

Do you know how you can tell you're getting close to College Station? The sheep are backed up to the fence!! icon_razz.gif

I know you'll miss me jumpmaster, but I'll be gone for a few days for Reserve Duty. I look forward to your witty rejoinders when I return.

Please don't say anything bad about me while I'm gone - it may hurt my feelings!!! icon_biggrin.gif

txwood.JPG

Yet another substantive post from jumpmaster. He must be getting tired as there was only 1 'nitwit', 1 'moron', one reference to his super intelligence/my lack of any, and absolutely no expletives! Not your typical jumpmaster post.

Has anyone other than myself noticed his overwhelming need to confirm his intelligence, manhood, and, basically, his being better than everyone on here? (at least everyone who doesn't agree with him)

Do you know how you can tell you're getting close to College Station? The sheep are backed up to the fence!! icon_razz.gif

I know you'll miss me jumpmaster, but I'll be gone for a few days for Reserve Duty. I look forward to your witty rejoinders when I return.

Please don't say anything bad about me while I'm gone - it may hurt my feelings!!! icon_biggrin.gif

txwood.JPG

quote:

You talk big for such a tiny, little boy. Hopefully, your buddies (Ha!) in the Reserves there are growing weary of putting up with you and you will become a victim of fratricide. I can only hope...

What stellar rank do you hold anyway, high-drag, low-speed? E-1? Have they perhaps come up with a special E-0 rank just for you? icon_smile.gif

Again, you two half-wits are the only ones to whom I've claimed superior intelligence. I think after reading your unimaginative rants and looking at your abysmally dull and poorly-designed webpages, I am correct.

Jumpmaster

quote:

You talk big for such a tiny, little boy. Hopefully, your buddies (Ha!) in the Reserves there are growing weary of putting up with you and you will become a victim of fratricide. I can only hope...

What stellar rank do you hold anyway, high-drag, low-speed? E-1? Have they perhaps come up with a special E-0 rank just for you? icon_smile.gif

Again, you two half-wits are the only ones to whom I've claimed superior intelligence. I think after reading your unimaginative rants and looking at your abysmally dull and poorly-designed webpages, I am correct.

Jumpmaster

you're going to make me cry icon_frown.gif

HAHA - I just couldn't resist one more look before I left!!

quote:

The one (and only) thing I'll give you is that your rants are DEFINITELY imaginitive. I wonder just how much of what you write here is your imagination? icon_razz.gif

I look forward to my return on Friday!!

txwood.JPG

[This message was edited by Neuman on June 25, 2002 at 07:35 PM.]

you're going to make me cry icon_frown.gif

HAHA - I just couldn't resist one more look before I left!!

quote:

The one (and only) thing I'll give you is that your rants are DEFINITELY imaginitive. I wonder just how much of what you write here is your imagination? icon_razz.gif

I look forward to my return on Friday!!

txwood.JPG

[This message was edited by Neuman on June 25, 2002 at 07:35 PM.]

My Texas geocoins arrived in today's mail. They are gorgeous!! Not only are the coins beautiful, but each one is in a hard plastic see-through case. That is a very nice, unexpected touch....very professional-looking!! icon_cool.gif

If it dries out, we will try to get a few of them placed in one or more of our caches or other caches around the area in the next few days.

Thanks, Neuman, they are stupendous. Definitely worth the wait.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Alchemist2000

My Texas geocoins arrived in today's mail. They are gorgeous!! Not only are the coins beautiful, but each one is in a hard plastic see-through case. That is a very nice, unexpected touch....very professional-looking!! icon_cool.gif

If it dries out, we will try to get a few of them placed in one or more of our caches or other caches around the area in the next few days.

Thanks, Neuman, they are stupendous. Definitely worth the wait.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Alchemist2000

quote:

I don't think jumpmaster loves me anymore! icon_wink.gif

If you were under the impression I hold anything but animosity for you, you have bigger problems than I thought. I was going to let this drop as I thought I'd made my points and yet you can't leave it alone. Are you really so unproductive that all you do all day is try and pick fights with me?? You seriously need to get a life...I'm touched that you're so obsessed with me, but really -- you're getting very, very creepy now.

Jumpmaster

[This message was edited by Jumpmaster on July 03, 2002 at 12:29 PM.]

quote:

I don't think jumpmaster loves me anymore! icon_wink.gif

If you were under the impression I hold anything but animosity for you, you have bigger problems than I thought. I was going to let this drop as I thought I'd made my points and yet you can't leave it alone. Are you really so unproductive that all you do all day is try and pick fights with me?? You seriously need to get a life...I'm touched that you're so obsessed with me, but really -- you're getting very, very creepy now.

Jumpmaster

[This message was edited by Jumpmaster on July 03, 2002 at 12:29 PM.]

Thanks davidj, I'm glad you like them. That seems to be the feeling among all who have found or ordered theTx Geocoin. In my free time, I like to needle jumpmaster. I would like to think it's all in good fun but, there's no telling what he thinks! Happy Independence Day to all (even jumpmaster)! icon_eek.gif

Creepy Neuman

txwood.JPG

Thanks davidj, I'm glad you like them. That seems to be the feeling among all who have found or ordered theTx Geocoin. In my free time, I like to needle jumpmaster. I would like to think it's all in good fun but, there's no telling what he thinks! Happy Independence Day to all (even jumpmaster)! icon_eek.gif

Creepy Neuman

txwood.JPG

I can't even seem to get them logged in before they get swiped up! (note the log on #35). #33 has been nabbed right after I placed it, just not logged on the website yet... These things are a hot item! Awesome Idea, i will be placeing 2 in differant areas I cache in. (hey thats all over the US) icon_smile.gif

I can't even seem to get them logged in before they get swiped up! (note the log on #35). #33 has been nabbed right after I placed it, just not logged on the website yet... These things are a hot item! Awesome Idea, i will be placeing 2 in differant areas I cache in. (hey thats all over the US) icon_smile.gif

Not to be nitpicky... Ok I will be nitpicky.

Shouldn't sales tax be calculated BEFORE the S&H? I don't think you can tax S&H.

Order + Tax = Subtotal

Subtotal + S&H = Grand Total

Ummm... Any tax pro's out there?

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

According to the State Comptroller's Office,

quote:
Originally quoted by the FAQ's:

Q: Are shipping and freight charges taxable?

A: Shipping and freight charges are taxable as part of the price of taxable goods or services. Separately stated charges for US postage are not taxable when it is a reimbursement for the postage incurred to distribute the items sold to third party recipients.

I stand corrected.

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!