Formally reference Lab Cache Bonus in the Labs Builder and in the Labs App

hxdimpf

It is now a widely used practice to create a bonus geocache associated with a lab cache. Lab cache creators reference the bonus in free form in the description (either overall or in stages). Please update the lab cache builder such that the GC-code of an associated Bonus geocache can be programmatically referenced. Update the Labs application such that it provides a link, using that reference such that it is possible to directly jump to the bonus by launching into the traditional geocaching app.

• Upvote 3
19 minutes ago, hxdimpf said:

It is now a widely used practice to create a bonus geocache associated with a lab cache. Lab cache creators reference the bonus in free form in the description (either overall or in stages). Please update the lab cache builder such that the GC-code of an associated Bonus geocache can be programmatically referenced. Update the Labs application such that it provides a link, using that reference such that it is possible to directly jump to the bonus by launching into the traditional geocaching app.

I agree. 

This is what I expected from the recent announcement (a quote from the announcement plus my response in a different thread). A link to the bonus would be nice. 

"you can now seamlessly move between the two for a new, integrated caching experience."

*I see how I can move from the geocaching app to the adventure lab app but not the AL app to the Geocaching app. 

On 7/22/2021 at 7:11 AM, ShanneW said:

Is there any way of coding the Adventure Lab to link between the two?  I've added the  GC numbers of the Bonus Cache, but there's no html coding on the Adventure Labs to create a live link that I can see.  Am I missing something?

There ain't any html or other coding possible in the texts, it's a very strange interface, that proclaims to be more interactive, but ditches all interactivity with the outside world in the internet. You can only insert the URL as a plain text or even just the GC-code for the others to copy'n'paste it. Same goes for explanatory Wikipedia-Links or such as the text fields are very small and restricted, you can't put much information in there.

• Surprised 2