Forum Downtime

Lostboy1966

I'm in IT support, and over the past several years I've become increasingly annoyed with 'cute' error messages from websites. If I'm trying to manage a client's email system and I can't log in to the portal to do so, don't show me a frown emoji and a 'Whoopsie-doodle, something went wrong' error message. It's infuriating. Be professional, fer cripe's sake!

Having vented about that, I tried to pop into the forum earlier today and got this gem. I literally laughed out loud. Nice cable management, Signal! :grin:

SignalTech.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
On 5/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, RuideAlmeida said:

And obviously missing this, since yesterday.

I surely hope that your clients are less rude... with your scheduled maintenances.

Just to be clear, that was meant to be a light-hearted compliment to the GC maintenance staff. I swear, you can't post anything on the internet without someone getting offended these days.

Edited by Lostboy1966
  • Upvote 4
On 5/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, Lostboy1966 said:

I'm in IT support, and over the past several years I've become increasingly annoyed with 'cute' error messages from websites. If I'm trying to manage a client's email system and I can't log in to the portal to do so, don't show me a frown emoji and a 'Whoopsie-doodle, something went wrong' error message. It's infuriating. Be professional, fer cripe's sake!

Having vented about that, I tried to pop into the forum earlier today and got this gem. I literally laughed out loud. Nice cable management, Signal! :grin:

SignalTech.JPG

I completely agree; I saw this photo and thought it was excellent!  I think it's great that a company would create such a fun "we're down as scheduled but working on it" photo with the company mascot doing the maintenance!   I'd love to share this photo on social media but don't know if I'd have the right to do so.

And I don't think what you wrote was rude, I see you're complaining about the other sites and complimenting GCHQ for handling their maintenance screen in a fun way.

• Upvote 1