Pocket Query map preview not working

ErewashPaddler

20 minutes ago, IceColdUK said:

Is this the same issue?

It's a different user workflow, but I would bet that the root cause is the same.

Map is opened, and a PQ mapping is triggered (by the user in one case, by the code behind the map icon in a PQ in the other case). And this PQ mapping doesn't work anymore

• Upvote 2

Same here, and has been addressed already by other users in another thread.

Engineering team in Seattle should be ashamed of themselves! Some basic rules about programmming I learned:

1) If you want to change a website, draw a backup copy first

2) Write your changes offline

3) Before putting your changes online, test them.

4) Have them tested by someone else.

5) Put them online

6) If something is wrong, put the backup copy back online

7) Correct mistakes offline

8) And fast!!!!!

Seems quite straightforward for me! You know, some of us out here are paying customers, and we expect performance, not excuses.

Just my two cents, no offense intended.

Edited by PereSant
  • Upvote 5
1 hour ago, PereSant said:

Engineering team in Seattle should be ashamed of themselves! Some basic rules about programmming I learned:

1) If you want to change a website, draw a backup copy first

2) Write your changes offline

3) Before putting your changes online, test them.

4) Have them tested by someone else.

5) Put them online

6) If something is wrong, put the backup copy back online

7) Correct mistakes offline

8) And fast!!!!!

(emphasis added by me)

You nailed it. I'm a software developer, too, and also sometimes wonder about the (lack of) QA in Groundspeak's web-dev department :( . And as you say, a quick roll-back, if something is seriously broken, should be a matter of a few hours at most.

26 minutes ago, baer2006 said:

And as you say, a quick roll-back, if something is seriously broken, should be a matter of a few hours at most.

It should be a matter of a few minutes if you use a blue-green deployment model, or some other deployment model that keeps both systems online and transfers traffic from one to the other. Once you realize there are problems, just transfer all the traffic back to the old system, which is still online.

1 hour ago, Alphadog said:

Same thing happening to me. When will this be resolved? Trying to plan a trip and have limited time to do so.

Same here. There is a new Geotour in the Netherlands which I want to start with this weekend (72 caches).

Because of this bug I tried using the search map to complete my planning which I found to be a horrible experience.

Please fix the browse map as the search map is not suited for this kind of planning and it requires more clicks to do the same tasks

3 hours ago, ardila.nl said:

Same here. There is a new Geotour in the Netherlands which I want to start with this weekend (72 caches).

Because of this bug I tried using the search map to complete my planning which I found to be a horrible experience.

Please fix the browse map as the search map is not suited for this kind of planning and it requires more clicks to do the same tasks

I use Cachly on my iPhone, and my existing PQs seem to be working on that. I don't know if new ones can be created, however.

1 hour ago, Goldenwattle said:

I did a pocket query; one I do regularly, and this is the map I saw when I clicked on 'preview the search'. The whole world!

Yeah that's just because it's defaulting to no filtering on the browse map because the PQ filter isn't being loaded (as opposed to the PQ errantly returning all worldwide results). Same effect as enabling everything and zooming all the way out.