Weird Cache

Hello. I know this is quite controversial, but is it okay to respond to the reviewer note for this cache? (GC94CFP) I was suspended from submitting caches, but this cache was already submitted. The suspension mail reads like this:

“Taken in context with past warnings and the recent suspension of your account, we are concerned that you are not acting in good faith with this cache submission. Therefore, we are suspending your cache hiding privileges for a period of 1 month.

This suspension applies to you personally in every way. During the suspension period you are not to submit geocaches (including events) for publication using your personal account, a team account, or any other account including the accounts of others. Nor will you be permitted to adopt any geocache listings. You may continue to use Geocaching.com's services to find geocaches and enjoy the game in all other ways besides hiding caches. Your cooperation with this suspension is required.” I am asking this to be safe rather than sorry. By the way, the title of the cache is supposed to convey the next level engineering of the cache. I would like if an expert can answer this dilemma.

• Funny 2
22 minutes ago, CommunistOnions said:

Hello. I know this is quite controversial, but is it okay to respond to the reviewer note for this cache? (GC94CFP) I was suspended from submitting caches, but this cache was already submitted. The suspension mail reads like this:

“Taken in context with past warnings and the recent suspension of your account, we are concerned that you are not acting in good faith with this cache submission. Therefore, we are suspending your cache hiding privileges for a period of 1 month.

This suspension applies to you personally in every way. During the suspension period you are not to submit geocaches (including events) for publication using your personal account, a team account, or any other account including the accounts of others. Nor will you be permitted to adopt any geocache listings. You may continue to use Geocaching.com's services to find geocaches and enjoy the game in all other ways besides hiding caches. Your cooperation with this suspension is required.” I am asking this to be safe rather than sorry. By the way, the title of the cache is supposed to convey the next level engineering of the cache. I would like if an expert can answer this dilemma.

I think to play it safe you should wait until your suspension is over. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

Since the cache is not yet published, we can't take a look at it.  But that's okay.

We also don't know the details of your suspension, and that is okay too.

If you are suspended, you probably need to lay low, and try to learn during your suspension.  As it says, try finding some caches, maybe attend an event.

If you have questions, you are free to communicate with the reviewer, but I think you need to do so in a manner of trying to learn and understand, not in trying to change their opinion or making an exception.  I would probably do so by contacting the reviewer, rather than posting on the page, but both methods may work.  If you post on the page, other reviewers and HQ would also be able to see the communications.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

I do not see anything especially unusual about GC94CFP.  You submitted a cache page with a brief, minimal cache description, the reviewer asked if the page was ready, and you responded by saying the cache was ready for review.  But in the meantime, your ability to list new caches on Geocaching.com was suspended.

I suggest that you re-submit the cache page if and when your hiding suspension is lifted.  Do NOT re-submit before that time.

(For those reading along, the opening post quotes an HQ communication which has since been supplemented by additional communications.  The OP's hiding suspension did not expire at the end of one month, as stated in the quoted communication.)

Edited by Keystone
  • Surprised 2
  • Helpful 5