Found It - Draft slide

4 minutes ago, N8OFP - Del said:

I would like to request that the Draft slide under Found It, be made a full time selection. 

I find that many times I forget to switch the Draft on and publish logs before I am ready for them to be published.

Thank you..

Many times I don't realize that I accidentally slid the draft button over. It's the only time I ever use drafts. 

Are you requesting that it be the default? What do you mean by full-time selection?

Max and 99

I like using the Draft mode all the time, rather than standing at a cache site typing I'd rather log the draft of Found, and then when I get home add to the log before posting.

I guess what I am asking for is to have the Draft mode be added as a "User Preference" that would keep it either on or off depending on what the user wants. The Draft button could be left on the Found screen so the user could make a quick change if they wanted, but then on the next cache it would revert back to what ever the User Preference is.

Hope that helps explain what I had in mind..

• Helpful 2
3 hours ago, N8OFP - Del said:

Each time I close and reopen the app I have to remember to select Draft. The app (android) reverts back to Draft off once you close the app.

Well, that explains why my last Draft was posted as an actual log, rather than as a Draft.

What an annoying bug. I hope Groundspeak fixes it soon. Then again, maybe that will be the nudge I need to pick a new third-party app...

• Helpful 1
3 hours ago, N8OFP - Del said:

Max and 99

I like using the Draft mode all the time, rather than standing at a cache site typing I'd rather log the draft of Found, and then when I get home add to the log before posting.

I guess what I am asking for is to have the Draft mode be added as a "User Preference" that would keep it either on or off depending on what the user wants. The Draft button could be left on the Found screen so the user could make a quick change if they wanted, but then on the next cache it would revert back to what ever the User Preference is.

Hope that helps explain what I had in mind..

I think that's a great idea. 

On 4/26/2021 at 5:18 AM, N8OFP - Del said:

Each time I close and reopen the app I have to remember to select Draft. The app (android) reverts back to Draft off once you close the app.

What do you mean by close the app? If I stop using the geocaching app, go do something else on my phone, then come back to the geocaching app and click "log" the draft box is still selected after my test mode. 

So the selection is sticky! 

Edited by Max and 99
4 hours ago, N8OFP - Del said:

On my device if shut down the app (aka the app is NOT running) then when I open / restart the app the next time I go caching the Draft is turned off.

I used to see that so often on my Droid, I just double-check now, before I "save" a log.  I edit all drafts at home on a PC later, so I'd prefer that the App always default to "draft", but that the switch still be available.  The switch seems OK on my iPhone, but I still check every time.

Looks like on my tablet, it might be remembering my selection once I save the first draft.  I even deleted that draft.