Can you use <Table> tags in logs?

It's a bit more work, but you could (1a) Write a simple HTML file with your results and view that in a browser, or (1b) enter it in a spreadsheet, (2) screenshot that, trim, and post it as an image.

Mind you, what would drive an OCD CO nuts, because they couldn't just copy/paste GC codes, making checking your compliance harder.  If anybody actually does that...

You could indent everything four spaces, and then it will appear in a monospace font. Then, you can use spaces to align the content as you like. 

EDIT: Here is an example. The following Markdown...

Here is an example of a table, in a log entry.

GC Code    | Type                    | Cache Name
     ------------+-------------------------+-------------------------
      GCK25B     | Geocaching Headquarters | Geocaching Headquarters
      GCF        | Traditional Cache       | The Original Stash
      GC8FROG    | Locationless Cache      | Find Signal the Frog®

Thanks for the cache!

...produces the following log...

963963353_Screenshot2021-04-25at23_16_58.png.c100d174d778474ed87c092fda8ba098.png

Note that you do lose the ability to create links (using the usual [text](url) Markdown syntax) in this mode. Also note that it is a lot of work to get everything aligned properly (unless you write some code or something.)

Edited by Hügh
fix picture
  • Helpful 2
12 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

<...>

Mind you, what would drive an OCD CO nuts, because they couldn't just copy/paste GC codes, making checking your compliance harder.  If anybody actually does that...

Actually, what would drive an OCD CO nuts is the presence of that SPACE in the middle of that otherwise perfect palindrome.

• Funny 7
  • Surprised 1

I've always preferred the "screenshot a spreadsheet" approach. I have a file with different tabs for a variety of challenges, a system that I started using before challenge checkers became common and before the new challenge guidelines. It's still my preference!

20 hours ago, HHL said:

Tony: Why not use a still existing macro for that purpose?

https://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=6485&st=0&#entry266469

That would be a starting point. Thanks for pointing it out for me.  It doesn't give the ioptions I need, but I could modify it to suit.  It also doesn't put things into columns like a table would, but I'm giving up on that requirement. 

What I might do is make it output the columns of the current view.  The challenge I'm looking at needs the elevation of each cache and that doesn't seem to be one of the current options.

Cheers

Tony

Another approach:

Create and save a "View" with the desired columns.

Filter for the challenge caches that you want to report.

Use GSAK's print feature and save the Html file to a cloud.

Post the link into your challenge found log.

Example (screenshot only):

Change header and columns to your needs.2b43fbf1ca0ae6b92dc205148661ae43.png

Hans

Edited by HHL