delete trackable from inventory

phatsoandslim

Another trackable question. When looking thru my inventory list, I show a trackable that I no longer have. Either I lost it or dropped it off somewhere in the past without showing that I did this. I just posted a log on trackable site to say I lost it but is it possible to delete it from my inventory?

• Surprised 1

You can "drop" it into a cache you own. Then use the Mark Missing option, that you'll see on the trackable page.  This will move it to an Unknown location.

I'd wait a week or so, see if the trackable owner uses the Mark Missing log.  Many don't know it exists, or resist using it, confusing its use with a permanent end.

It's just a virtual place. Should anyone log  the trackable again, it'll start up from its last known location.

• Upvote 3
21 minutes ago, zorrobarnes said:

A trackable went missing from a cache I own and I notified the TB owner 9 months ago, but they have not responded. I thought there was a way for a cache owner to "mark missing" a trackable, but I can't find it.

Go to that TB’s page, and in the area of the upper right corner, find the Mark Missing drop-down and click “Go”.

1 hour ago, Jayeffel said:

TB I own/placed, that box under actions does not always show ",ark Item Missing"

re own/placed

You have the option to mark missing a TB you own that is  not in your "collection". To mark that TB missing, you'd have first move to "inventory".

Once there, you could mark it missing.  No reason to do this, but you could.

You only have the option to mark missing a TB you placed, IF it's placed in the inventory of a cache you own, or a TB you own.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Sorry for any confusion, but I referenced the wrong trackable; this is the one I was referring to: TB9GWDC ▼  Friendship Bracelet 3 - Cachekinz

My question was this: I dropped this TB, which I don't own, in a cache that I own and it went missing from that cache. I sent a message to the TB owner informing that it went missing and suggesting they mark the TB as missing; they haven't responded to my message. My question was, as the owner of the cache where it went missing, can I mark the TB as missing?

I am now noticing that the TB is no longer in the inventory of the cache and the TB page shows "Recently Spotted: Unknown Location"

I don't recall doing this, but if I clicked on the "mark as missing" option when it was still in my cache's inventory, would that have changed the TBs page to show "unknown location" rather than "missing"?

21 minutes ago, zorrobarnes said:

I am now noticing that the TB is no longer in the inventory of the cache and the TB page shows "Recently Spotted: Unknown Location"

I don't recall doing this, but if I clicked on the "mark as missing" option when it was still in my cache's inventory, would that have changed the TBs page to show "unknown location" rather than "missing"?

"Unknown Location" is missing.  :)   Missing should be in the logs somewhere...

It's at an unknown location until it's back in play again.