Dashboard Usefulness for Cache Owners.

klipsch49er

Am I missing something?

Recently I have been able to create about 30 new geocaches. This about doubled my previous stable. As a result I use "Cache owner dashboard" or "Hides" from my Profile.  Either of the two choices displays my owned caches in a list with limited or no ability to view or sort on important info like recent "DNF or "Maintenance Required".

Cachers creating hides and then maintaining them is the backbone of of a good caching experience.  I have wondered about cachers who have large numbers of hides but seem to let them dwindle away without maintaining them.

Wouldn't a proper cache owners dashboard allow an owner to see a section displaying hides owned with "Recent DNFs" and "Maintenance Required "? 

• Upvote 1

If you click on the "Published Hides" link from the Cache Owner Dashboard, you will see a list of all your active caches.  This list is sortable on several (but not all) of the columns.  There is a visual depiction of the last three logs, making it easy to spot recent DNF and NM logs.  (When I double-checked my own account to write this post, it alerted me that I had a few caches to check on!)

If any of your caches have maintenance issues, there is a button to press on the Cache Owner Dashboard to filter for them.

52 minutes ago, klipsch49er said:

Columns! What columns?

Please stay respectful in your communication. People are trying to help you here and hand you the fish that you could have caught yourself if you had looked at the cache owner dashboard release notes.

Based on your screenshot you are using a mobile device. The cache owner dashboard is mobile responsive and may not display all details depending on screen size. You can force your device to display the desktop version in your browser settings. Alternatively, you can use a computer.

If you do, you will see something like this:

COD.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 2
  • Love 2

BTW, I no longer use or have access to a PC. ...and you are correct I did not read the release notes.  I did initially ask "am I missing sonething?". Apparently the answer, as I intuitively thought, was yes.

Thanks for everyone's help. 

P.S. my phone is not my friend this morning.

However, it looks like your screenshot has plenty of room for at least one column.  Other search results (using the similar visual styling) on a portrait smartphone begin with at least one column visible. Wondering why they decided to totally remove the column headers here. Seems the responsive layout is just removing the headers on this page so the results can't be sorted at all, unlike the search result format which simply reduced the column count so it still fits (a better responsive design) and can be sorted.