How do I set up notifications for re-enabled caches that I haven't found yet?

RedCacher87

Hello community!

I've been playing around with Notifications and Pocket Queries, but I haven't figured out a way to set up notifications for caches that have been re-enabled and that I haven't found yet. Is there a way to do that?

I know I can set up notifications for re-enabled caches, but it's not possible to exclude the ones I have already found.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, RedCacher87 said:

I haven't figured out a way to set up notifications for caches that have been re-enabled and that I haven't found yet. Is there a way to do that?

Depending on how many disabled caches you are talking about, perhaps putting those caches on your watchlist would work for you.  Then when it's re-enabled, or there is any activity on that cache, you  would get notified of that.

Hi @CAVinoGal. Thanks for your reply.

I would like to be notified about re-enabled caches within a 10-kilometer radius from my home, so we may be talking about a lot of caches. Anyway, I decided to include the "Enable Listing" logs in the notifications I had already set up for brand-new caches, so despite the possibility of receiving notifications about caches I have already found, I just have to ignore those.

Nevertheless, I think having the ability to set up notifications such as I described in the original question would be a nice feature because re-enabled caches that you haven't found yet are like brand-new caches for you, aren't they?

Cheers!

19 minutes ago, RedCacher87 said:

Nevertheless, I think having the ability to set up notifications such as I described in the original question would be a nice feature because re-enabled caches that you haven't found yet are like brand-new caches for you, aren't they?

Not only enabled logs (why say re-enabled? ;-)) but DNFs, NM, NA and so on - they are more interesting for non-found caches than for those you have already found.

I like the idea and you might add a feature request here: https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/forum/139-website/

Adding a check box to the notifications that only those caches are included which you have(n't) found (I am not sure: is there a reason for sending notifications only on found caches, too?). I would support that suggestion though I use notifications like DNF, NM, NA and so on for any cache as they are very interesting to read (but not found logs) and most other cachers use it for publish logs only, so most of us wouldn't need it.

But I see your point and would give a supporting "thumbs up" if you create this request.

Jochen

Edited by frostengel
grammar: added a missing dot and removed another one instead :-)

Hi @frostengel! Thanks for your reply.

8 hours ago, frostengel said:

Not only enabled logs (why say re-enabled? ;-)) but DNFs, NM, NA and so on - they are more interesting for non-found caches than for those you have already found.

By "re-enabled", I mean "re-enabled caches", not "re-enabled logs" :)

9 hours ago, frostengel said:

I like the idea and you might add a feature request here: https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/forum/139-website/

I've just created a feature request for this: https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/361486-feature-request-notifications-for-re-enabled-caches-that-i-havent-found-yet/. Thanks for the suggestion and I appreciate your thumbs-up!