SC Coastal Earth Day Gathering

wolf&mist

It looks like the consensus for the meeting I am planning puts it for March 22. Might I suggest that we discuss the Earth Day thing to be April's meeting, and continue having a meeting each month there after? Perhaps another geocacher could volunteer to be the next month's meeting organizer. Of course we could all discuss this at the meeting in Walterboro.

The path to insanity is seldom a solitary journey.

This sounds like a great idea. Walterboro is pretty far for me, I'm in Myrtle Beach, so I'll have to miss meetings there. But I'm up for the cleaning part. There's a particular cache in Georgetown that could REALLY use some work. It's not the fault of the cache, it's just a popular area for people to fish & such & people seem to think it's their personal trash can. So if nothing else I will volunteer to go to that one in particular and clean up. I know there are a couple of other cachers in my area so maybe they would be interested in helping out. I'll see if I can't contact some of them.

--------------------------------

Magellan Meridian GPS

L.O.S.T. - http://www.kjjeep.com

I screwed up...I sent several people an email listing the event date as the 22nd when in fact it should have been the 26th. I apologize. I have ordered 10 additional shirts and trash bags for the event. I'm also talking with Cathleen from Palmetto Pride to get things organized. I need a role call. Thanks!

Si quando audius mihi infremus, tum videlicet quoque tardus

Well, I was hoping to see what Wolf & Mist had come up with so far. Looks like they're getting some run around. Hope something works out soon. I'll probably attend whichever event that is closer that day. Going to wait a while to see what happens before posting a note somewhere.

The path to insanity is seldom a solitary journey.

I am meeting with Kathleen from the City of Charleston Cleen sweep organization on Friday morning to scout out some possible areas. They will provide us with trash bags, scoop nets, pick up sticks, etc. Basically whatever we need. The city will pick up everything we bag or collect so we won't have to haul it. All we need are some warm bodies!

I am also thinking of hiding a cache with a decent first finders prize in it for those who particpate.This will probably be at James Is county park to coincide with the event they have planned for that day.

I will post back on The 11th as to the location and time and also set up the event cache.

Si quando audius mihi infremus, tum videlicet quoque tardus