Science of Discovery points not recorded

dora_mor

I logged yesterday's cache finds online around 7 p.m. and was awarded 127 points for finding 20 mystery caches and 3 traditionals. By my count it should be 155 points. Four of my mystery caches show as found on the map and in my profile under All Geocache Finds, but they are not on my dashboard under Latest Activity.
While logging, I noticed my find count was lagging and then suddenly advanced by 3 and then continued normally. On some of the pages I got a "There is a problem" message and the page froze for a while but then it let me continue.

46 minutes ago, dora_mor said:

I logged yesterday's cache finds online around 7 p.m. and was awarded 127 points for finding 20 mystery caches and 3 traditionals. By my count it should be 155 points. Four of my mystery caches show as found on the map and in my profile under All Geocache Finds, but they are not on my dashboard under Latest Activity.
While logging, I noticed my find count was lagging and then suddenly advanced by 3 and then continued normally. On some of the pages I got a "There is a problem" message and the page froze for a while but then it let me continue

Go to the leaderboard and see which of your caches you did not get points for.  This may help you figure out if you need to re-log anything. 

Edited by Max and 99
3 hours ago, Rampensau said:

Try to delete one of your logs/finds and send a completely new found log for this geocache. Probably this is a path to success. 

They are now logged out of order, but that wasn't important at this point and I got the points. I'm glad it was only four of the 23 I found yesterday!

I also had a similar experience. I drove a long way to get three caches of which one had 19 favorite points. I only was credited for one find in The Science of Discovery and it wasn't the one with the favorite points. I contacted Groundspeak who eventually stated that it was an ongoing issue that their engineers were working on. But no mention of when it would be fixed or how I would get credit for the missing points. Thankfully, I stumbled upon this Forum page and took the advice offered by Rampensau. It worked like a charm! Thank you!

Edited by luvvinbird
spelling