Is This Allowed?

Hello, I have been suspended from hiding caches, however there are caches which have already been published which I archived and are still there. Is it possible to unarchive them under my suspension? The suspension letter reads like this: “Taken in context with past warnings and the recent suspension of your account, we are concerned that you are not acting in good faith with this cache submission. Therefore, we are suspending your cache hiding privileges for a period of 1 month.

This suspension applies to you personally in every way. During the suspension period you are not to submit geocaches (including events) for publication using your personal account, a team account, or any other account including the accounts of others. Nor will you be permitted to adopt any geocache listings. You may continue to use Geocaching.com's services to find geocaches and enjoy the game in all other ways besides hiding caches. Your cooperation with this suspension is required.

At the conclusion of the suspension, we trust that any cache submissions will be fully compliant with the hiding guidelines and our Terms of Use. Further issues would result in more disciplinary action against your account.

Regards,

Geocaching HQ Admin”.

• Funny 2
3 hours ago, CommunistOnions said:

however there are caches which have already been published which I archived and are still there. Is it possible to unarchive them under my suspension?

You should contact the reviewer, which originally published those hides. If you inadvertently archived the hides, and it has not been too long ago, the reviewer will usually unarchive it on request. Of course I don't know, if your "suspension" applies here or not.

But BTW, in your accounts hide list, I see only 7 active, but no archived ones. What am I missing here?

• Funny 2
1 hour ago, palmetto said:

No, I don't believe so. From a reviewer perspective, unarchive is exactly the same as publish.  When your hiding suspension is over, you can revisit this. 

But technically, hasn’t it already been published? Is your claim supported by Groundspeak or the rules? Does it just depend on the reviewer? Just asking for proof since I am confused about this situation. Forgot to mention but the reviewer is Ministro so maybe you can ask him or Groundspeak directly?

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, baer2006 said:

You should contact the reviewer, which originally published those hides. If you inadvertently archived the hides, and it has not been too long ago, the reviewer will usually unarchive it on request. Of course I don't know, if your "suspension" applies here or not.

But BTW, in your accounts hide list, I see only 7 active, but no archived ones. What am I missing here?

The reviewer is Ministro. I do not find him quite easy to cooperate with. And from the rules, and my suspension mail, it does not mention unarchival after suspension. You cannot see those caches which I archived because as soon as they were published, I disabled then archived them since the reviewer retracted the caches after I disabled them. (The cache mentioned in the letter is not one of these caches). The reviewer basically asked why I was disabling them right after publication when I was just thinking if the cache should live on. Need answers supported by facts.

Edited by CommunistOnions
  • Funny 2

2 minutes ago, CommunistOnions said:

the reviewer retracted the caches

Which  means that effectively they were never published and under normal circumstances you would have to resubmit them to be published once the outstanding issues are resolved, so given your current ban it's very unlikely they will be processed at the moment.

But only the publishing reviewer will be able to give you a %100 answer and it the opinions of the forum members count for nothing.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

The letter says you cannot adopt caches, either. Those are active caches, even more "legitimate" than archived or retracted ones. So if I had to bet on it, I'd be that no, you cannot un-archive caches during the suspension.

I did not adopt the caches. Those are my caches. Here are the GC codes. GC94AR4 and GC94AR5.Plus they were retracted.

Edited by CommunistOnions
  • Surprised 1
3 hours ago, colleda said:

Ministro is one of my reviewers. I've found him to be always fair and approachable if a problem needs to be sorted.

100%

Ministro is a decent guy, always reasonable to me as well.

I can't imagine being a voluntary reviewer, unpaid, and having to put up with this kind of rubbish on a daily basis. It's a thankless role.

• Upvote 3
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1

Ministro is a good guy. I have him too.

I once placed a cache on what I thought was a electrical box and Ministro disabled it. I then asked him what the problem was and he kindly explained it to me. He is also currenlty taking over from Hersien so he has a lot to do.

• Funny 1
  • Love 1
On 4/12/2021 at 9:17 AM, CommunistOnions said:

But technically, hasn’t it already been published? Is your claim supported by Groundspeak or the rules? Does it just depend on the reviewer? Just asking for proof since I am confused about this situation. Forgot to mention but the reviewer is Ministro so maybe you can ask him or Groundspeak directly?

When you start a reply with "But technically" you have my BS detector on full alert.  I'm guessing this is the type of behavior that got you suspended in the first place.  Stop looking for loopholes and hide caches that comply with the rules and the spirit of Geocaching or find another hobby.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3

This is probably why his account was locked: 

CommunistOnions

prem_user.gifPremium Member

Profile photo for CommunistOnions

2.png230

Write noteWrite note

5/8/2021

PRIZE
If you place coins inside this cache, I will add the amount of coins you added into the cache and also some vouchers. This deal will expire on the 12th of May so be quick!!

I don't think that this is allowed.               

Edited by LeataCharity
Fixing spacing.
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
1 hour ago, LeataCharity said:

This is probably why his account was locked: 

prem_user.gifPremium Member

2.png230

Write noteWrite note

5/8/2021

PRIZE
If you place coins inside this cache, I will add the amount of coins you added into the cache and also some vouchers. This deal will expire on the 12th of May so be quick!!

Hurry...Hurry...Hurrrry...             What deal ?        :laughing: 

On 4/12/2021 at 12:19 AM, CommunistOnions said:

“Taken in context with past warnings and the recent suspension of your account, we are concerned that you are not acting in good faith with this cache submission. Therefore, we are suspending your cache hiding privileges for a period of 1 month.

This suspension applies to you personally in every way.

I would say No, don't try to unarchve them now. It smells like another way to get around a clear suspension that "applies to you personally in every way." Just wait the month and don't push it. Perhaps reflect on why this disciplinary action was taken and use the opportunity to get all your submissions in compliance instead of looking for a loophole to allow you to publish another hide while suspended.

Edited by G0ldNugget
  • Upvote 1