Caching milestones

53 minutes ago, BAMBOOZLE said:

I've used GSAK for years but just to put caches on my units and to combine PQ's.........I will see if I can figure out how to do it.

Project-GC does not exactly match with what I have in GC.com......not sure how to get the list up on GSAK.

19 hours ago, on4bam said:

Sorting in GSAK by date doesn't sort on time, only date.

I solved this by using the Usort field after logging my finds (and using  %count in my logs)

I use the Usort field also, but I started doing so early enough to have an accurate numbering of my caches.  Bamboozle is just starting the process, but has 16K+ finds and may find it hard to remember the exact order each day's finds were in.  I believe there are ways in the macro language/SQL to see/sort by the log id, which could sort each day's log into order by log creation (assuming all caches were logged in order of find, early on some of mine were not logged that way, but I was able to remember or had a track of the day saved to show the order).  If he wants exact order, it will take a lot of work.  But the basic/simple sort I suggested will go far in getting the milestones he was interested in - and if they fall on multi-find days, he only has to figure out that day's order.  Checking out the Macro Library on GSAK forums may yield macro's to help with this.

Lab caches and, now, AL's do have to be added manually - just adding to the work/difficultly.  It never bothered me, as I never logged Lab caches and don't do AL's.  Again the GSAK forums have people & macro's to help with this.

56 minutes ago, fizzymagic said:

The pq times don't mean anything for caches logged using the web or caches logged before about 2016

Yeah, @The Jester's idea of sorting by date first, then by LogID seems like the most reasonable method. I adjusted my code accordingly. (This reorders caches in a My Finds GPX file, so probably not directly useful for GSAK users.)

<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:Groundspeak="http://www.Groundspeak.com/cache/1/0" version="3.0">
    <xsl:mode on-no-match="shallow-copy"/>
    <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
    <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="*[*/Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:logs/Groundspeak:log/Groundspeak:date]">
        <xsl:copy>
            <xsl:apply-templates>
                <xsl:sort select="concat(substring-before(Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:logs/(Groundspeak:log[Groundspeak:type eq 'Found it']|Groundspeak:log[Groundspeak:type eq 'Webcam Photo Taken']|Groundspeak:log[Groundspeak:type eq 'Attended'])/Groundspeak:date,'T'),Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:logs/(Groundspeak:log[Groundspeak:type eq 'Found it']|Groundspeak:log[Groundspeak:type eq 'Webcam Photo Taken']|Groundspeak:log[Groundspeak:type eq 'Attended'])/@id)"/>
            </xsl:apply-templates>
        </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:transform>

But of course this still fails to account for Lab caches so it's not very useful for me.