Record a Visit for a TB without notes

Cute2021

I've searched the prior forum discussions and did not find the answer to my question.  Thanks in advance for your time.

How can I record a TB visiting a cache without writing a note?  I've tried through the web and selected write a note to record the TB visit, but the field is requiring something in the note field.  I am sure the owners and others don't want to see notes if not necessary.

15 minutes ago, Cute2021 said:

I've searched the prior forum discussions and did not find the answer to my question.  Thanks in advance for your time.

How can I record a TB visiting a cache without writing a note?  I've tried through the web and selected write a note to record the TB visit, but the field is requiring something in the note field.  I am sure the owners and others don't want to see notes if not necessary.

On the web site, edit your Found log or other log you've made, and select "Visit" for your TB.  Submit that edited log.

It's a good idea to make some kind of log when you access a cache.  But you can try making a TB log using the Official Geocaching App.  Make a log, select a cache to log it in.  It has previously worked like that, but I can't guarantee that it works at any given moment.

Edited by kunarion
47 minutes ago, Cute2021 said:

You don't give much info, is the trackable you're trying to "visit" marked collectible ?    :)

IIRC, a  trackable marked "collectible" will only allow a write note, or discover log.

36 minutes ago, Cute2021 said:

Thank you!   This was so simple once I was on the web version as you recommended.

Cool! :P

You can also select any of your TBs as "Visited", just before submitting a Found log in the App or on the web site.  That might save a step.  :)