A solution to add my friends found caches to a list?

Cashman54

Hi.

Please help me with some tips. I just want to create a list of those caches my friend has found from his found list that I reach in my Friends area that I have not found. How can I easy do this?

I saw that I could mark his caches but this will only be adownloadable loc-file in my mobile unable/to import in my app as far as I can see.

I just want to go out and grab those caches:) I really hope for some ideas.

Are you a Project-GC user and/or a GSAK user?  Both provide solutions to your question.  Also, the Geocaching.com homepage search allows you to filter for caches that the searcher has found, but which have not been found by up to five other usernames.

Edited by Keystone
  • Helpful 1
27 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Are you a Project-GC user and/or a GSAK user?  Both provide solutions to your question.  Also, the Geocaching.com homepage search allows you to filter for caches that the searcher has found, but which have not been found by up to five other usernames.

I have found this search filter of course but actually I cant find the setting to do what I need. I can see the option "not found by" but where should I add my friends name? Because he has Found the caches but not I? If you can help me do this it would be the best thing!:)

I have not tried the other options yet. Super thanks:)

38 minutes ago, captnemo said:

Go to your friends profile and look at his found caches.  One at a time click on each cache you are interested in and when the cache page comes up click on add to list button the problem is you have to do this for each cache so wouldn't call it easy.

That should work but as you say: Not easiest way. But a great tip!:)

On 4/8/2021 at 8:20 PM, Cashman54 said:

I can see the option "not found by" but where should I add my friends name? Because he has Found the caches but not I?

As I understand your question, your friend has to start the search and he has to enter you as "Not Found By".

On 4/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, Cashman54 said:

I saw that I could mark his caches but this will only be adownloadable loc-file in my mobile unable/to import in my app as far as I can see.

You can install the browser app Tampermonkey. This is a script manager. In this script manager you can then install a script, which can import .loc files in a bookmark list. The best way to do this is on a computer. But an installation on an android device is also possible with some technical understanding. A link to information about the script is in my signature.