Oldest visits?

Lately I was wondering on what day we personally visited the first waymark. I remember that we were in Las Vegas in 2001 and we posted f.e. a visit of https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wmW480 and that was 3/27/2001. The day before we were at https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wmWXED.  We also logged a visit for https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wmQP16 on 3/20/2001, but did we also visit other waymarks in the days, month, years before that? I could not find an easy way to find waymarks that we visited earlier. I tried the category grid and manipulated the dates, but obviously that filters according to the days, when I LOGGED the visit. Any other ideas? 

Edited by PISA-caching

Everything true.

"My Visits" lists the last 1000 records (40 pages á 25 visits) with the correct day, but I have logged more than 2500 visits. @Max & 99 You have to click on ">>" to get to the last page. The links ">" and "next" don't work correctly in every situation. Funnyly ">" works, when you move from the pages 1-10 to 11-20, but than you're stuck. So, I can only see pages 1-20 and 31-40. But that doesn't help anyway, when you have more than 1000 visits.

And manipulating the profile displaying the visits doesn't work either, because it uses the date in f.e. 2009 when I wrote the log and ignores the date in 2001 when I physically visited the waymark.

But hey, I coincidentally found the answer. Looking at the "Milestones" tab in my profile I saw that the very first visit was on 12/3/2000 for https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMFE1M. This tab obviously uses the day of the visit and not the day of writing the visit log. :)

Edited by PISA-caching
2 hours ago, the federation said:

Strange that all three waymarks you posted in your original post were posted in 2017 and 2016 how did they have visits prior to their posting?

There are no rules in the guidelines that forbid to visit a waymark before the posted date as long as you can prove it you were there normally with pictures.

Edited by Lynx Humble
On 4/11/2021 at 11:42 PM, the federation said:

Strange that all three waymarks you posted in your original post were posted in 2017 and 2016 how did they have visits prior to their posting?

Like Lynx Humble said: There are no general rules that forbid to log a visit before the according waymark was published. However, there are some categories that demand a photo with a GPSr in the photo. Depending on how strict the owners of such waymarks judge the visits, they might delete such visits even if you have an old photo (without a GPSr).

Interesting fact: I found some older (paper) photos of the 90s, scanned them and posted 25 visits I made in 1993 - 1997 with the correct date, that was fortunately noted on the back side of the photos. On the "Milestones" tab of my profile the first visit was updated, but the others remain as they were. As my 5th, 10th and 25th visit it shows visits that happened in 2001, although all three should be of the 90s now. Not a big problem, but interesting to know that only the 1st visit seems to be correct.

UPDATE: The milestones have now been updated.

Edited by PISA-caching

I've been cheking out my parent's photo books and the last two days I've been posting visits from the 90's. Strange thing though, the statistics and esepecially the milestones don't keep up. The milestones page still says my first visit was in 2005. Anyone knows how long it is supposed to take to refresh the profile pages?

On 4/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, Lynx Humble said:

There are no rules in the guidelines that forbid to visit a waymark before the posted date as long as you can prove it you were there normally with pictures.

Hi LH, long time no "see". Are you still visiting your way around the Maritimes, or have you visited the entire place now? :)

Anyhow, his comment made me think about the title of this thread - Oldest visits?

And what I thought was this - Who can post the Oldest Visit? I remembered that I recently came across some old photos of a trip I took with an aunt, uncle and cousin from Calgary to California in July of 1965. I knew I had pix of sites that had been Waymarked, such as Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and Virginia City, Montana. So today I visited some of the Waymarks in Virginia City:

1533100380_Log-HistDist-02.jpg.c241cb4c656cb6cb803f034ad3ac5832.jpg

696255279_Log-HistDist-01.jpg.ba82a758f0967ed1ce3a8e0bbb8286bc.jpg

828467717_VirginiaCity01.thumb.jpg.a380d21a7194d36e29e10fac91d52398.jpg

So now the question - Does anyone have any older visits with which to entertain us?

Keith

PS  - My visit comment:

I visited Virginia City on a trip from Calgary to San Bernardino and other points in California in 1965. I have managed to find some of my pix from that trip, including ones from Virginia City. I'm including two pix from building interiors, one of a display of horse drawn wagons and another of a saloon which had on display an assortment of old music making machines, candy dispensers and what not. The other two are from Boot Hill Cemetery. From here: (45.294759, -111.948730) on Google Street View one can see the headstones that are in both of my cemetery pix.

For a history buff such as myself, this was one of the real highlights of the trip!

Don't really know why, but these are the only Black & White pix I have of the trip. All the rest were colour. - Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
19 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Hi LH, long time no "see". Are you still visiting your way around the Maritimes, or have you visited the entire place now? :)

Anyhow, his comment made me think about the title of this thread - Oldest visits?

And what I thought was this - Who can post the Oldest Visit? I remembered that I recently came across some old photos of a trip I took with an aunt, uncle and cousin from Calgary to California in July of 1965. I knew I had pix of sites that had been Waymarked, such as Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and Virginia City, Montana. So today I visited some of the Waymarks in Virginia City:

So now the question - Does anyone have any older visits with which to entertain us?

Keith

When I did the Nova Scotia Delorme challenge I visited most of it during that time.

With COVID I haven't travelled as much. Also didn't got the opportunity to sail to St John's, NFLD yet. So yeah haven't waymarked much recently.

For the older visit I am out of the competition in 1965 my parents were just starting Middle School.

1 hour ago, Lynx Humble said:

With COVID I haven't travelled as much. Also didn't got the opportunity to sail to St John's, NFLD yet.

I, too, haven't been to NFLD yet. Since I expanded the category, though, several folks have been there and have posted a bunch of Waymarks, so there are lots waiting for you.

Keith