Alphanumeric Search for CO names

trekkerdmc

1 hour ago, sernikk said:

Such a challenge is against guidelines and won't be published

I wasn't aware these had been deemed against guidelines, but that being said there are some out there that were published prior and are still active. 

Edited by trekkerdmc
1 hour ago, Harry Dolphin said:

I used GSAK.  Sorted my pocket queries by CO name.  Finally found a CO whose name started with 5.  A fair distance off.

Thanks Harry Dolphin. That sounds like a good way to do it. Although when you say you sorted a pocket query, did you just do a general pocket query of all caches in a radius before d/l'ing to GSAK and then sorting?

3 minutes ago, trekkerdmc said:

Thanks Harry Dolphin. That sounds like a good way to do it. Although when you say you sorted a pocket query, did you just do a general pocket query of all caches in a radius before d/l'ing to GSAK and then sorting?

I do about twenty pocket queries.  Covers 65 miles from home.  Download them to GSAK.  Then sort.

1 minute ago, Harry Dolphin said:

I do about twenty pocket queries.  Covers 65 miles from home.  Download them to GSAK.  Then sort.

Got it! Thank you. Sure wish there was a way on the geocaching website to do this but I guess ya can't have everything!   Ha! Love the quote! 

2 minutes ago, trekkerdmc said:

Got it! Thank you. Sure wish there was a way on the geocaching website to do this but I guess ya can't have everything!   Ha! Love the quote! 

The search function for the geocaching website isn't designed to facilitate finding a list of caches to complete challenge caches.  There are lots of challenge caches with different criteria and trying to tweak the search engine to that it can be used for all of them would be a nightmare.