Message center glitch

mty55

Over the past couple weeks I have sent messages to cache owners with questions about their hide. That part works well, have gotten a rely on everyone of them. Now the Issue is when I get the reply it shows up in my email and my fiancee / caching partners email too. There is know way that I know of that our cache pages are related. We don't share a cache name or emails. I received a reply from a cacher this morning.  I read it about an hour before I came home this morning. She also received it and asked if I got it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, mty55 said:

Over the past couple weeks I have sent messages to cache owners with questions about their hide. That part works well, have gotten a rely on everyone of them. Now the Issue is when I get the reply it shows up in my email and my fiancee / caching partners email too. There is know way that I know of that our cache pages are related. We don't share a cache name or emails. I received a reply from a cacher this morning.  I read it about an hour before I came home this morning. She also received it and asked if I got it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is that the person you messaged knows you cache together and sent the same message to both of you. I have no other possible explanation for what you described. ?

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

The only thing I can think of is that the person you messaged knows you cache together and sent the same message to both of you. I have no other possible explanation for what you described. ?

Very possible but I had three different cachers respond and we both received the message but a big coincidence if all three used this method.

20 minutes ago, mty55 said:

Very possible but I had three different cachers respond and we both received the message but a big coincidence if all three used this method.

And you're both logged in under your separate account names? 

Had to ask. 

Several of us in the family have the same email for notifications so sometimes when I get an email notification I have to look closer to see who it's for.

This is going to be a fun mystery to solve! 

Edited by Max and 99
16 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

And you're both logged in under your separate account names? 

Had to ask. 

Several of us in the family have the same email for notifications so sometimes when I get an email notification I have to look closer to see who it's for.

This is going to be a fun mystery to solve! 

We each have our own accounts and separate e-mails. Max do me a favor and send me a message. Then we will know because other than what we discussing here have no connections with her account. 

41 minutes ago, mty55 said:

We each have our own accounts and separate e-mails. Max do me a favor and send me a message. Then we will know because other than what we discussing here have no connections with her account. 

Pay really close attention to the email notification. I'm really curious what the details are. It could help solve this mystery. 

Or maybe not!

10 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Pay really close attention to the email notification. I'm really curious what the details are. It could help solve this mystery. 

Or maybe not!

Its getting crazier by the minute. She received and email and I didn't. I received your message on the forum but no email.

Edited by mty55

So.... I hate to say it, but it sounds like it's all your problem. I don't want to accuse you, and I'm open to other possibilities, but I have to say my first guess is that you've somehow added your "caching partner" as an additional email address on your GS account. Fortunately, it sounds like you're both laughing about it more than anything else, so I'm not too worried about your "problem". If you figure it out, let us know. If you don't, let us know if you ever think it's getting old.

But the big question is whether after you tie the knot, you're going to try to combine your geocaching histories into a single account. That's what really grosses out people used to you as two different geocachers.

10 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

I show two different accounts sharing your secondary @aol email address. The second account doesn't have a find since 2009, though; could that be your partner?

From what I can see, it appears the current caching partner getting the messages logged this week. mty55, is that correct? Do I have the wrong caching partner? ?

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

From what I can see, it appears the current caching partner getting the messages logged this week. mty55, is that correct? Do I have the wrong caching partner? ?

I'm mty55 I have been sending the message. JHRN is my caching partner we both receive the replies to the messages.

This is getting even crazier. Yesterday we were out on a cache run.  Judy did a virtual cache that I had done years ago. She used her android phone app. She answered required question Via the app. When I logged into my account, What did I see the message she sent to the  Virtual cache owner. Almost acting like a joint account but its not. I went and read the message again and it said I sent the answer to the virtual. 

Edited by mty55