Programmatically Adding Newly Released Caches To A List

Hi,

I have subscribed myself to receive notification in my mailbox regarding newly released caches. Although I can click on each individual link to get more details and see WHERE the newly released cache is, it is quite a lot of work. I would prefer to have newly released caches to be added to a specific private list, so that I can see it easy on the map. Is that even possible? If yes, how?

One of the ideas that I also had was to use Microsoft Power Automate, have it check for new mails about released caches and then add the corresponding caches to the chosen private list. Would that be possible? (within Power Automate I would need to create a custom connector, have all the endpoint info but also need a client Id and secret)

Regards,

jorge (TeamFapieNijnz)

• Funny 1

Hi,

I have subscribed myself to receive notification in my mailbox regarding newly released caches. Although I can click on each individual link to get more details and see WHERE the newly released cache is, it is quite a lot of work. I would prefer to have newly released caches to be added to a specific private list, so that I can see it easy on the map. Is that even possible? If yes, how?

One of the ideas that I also had was to use Microsoft Power Automate, have it check for new mails about released caches and then add the corresponding caches to the chosen private list. Would that be possible? (within Power Automate I would need to create a custom connector, have all the endpoint info but also need a client Id and secret)

Regards,

jorge (TeamFapieNijnz)

• Funny 1

As a workaround, you could create a pocket query that mimicked the settings for your instant notifications.  For example, caches that have not been found, are enabled, and are within 50 km of your home coordinates, but without a limit based on "date hidden."  The pocket query results are viewable on the website map, and your pocket query is available in the official Geocaching app, just like a List.

Edited by Keystone
  • Helpful 1

@Keystone

With the method I was thinking about, as soon as the mail comes in, it is added to a list immediately so that I can view it easily. Is the pocket query  also immediate as soon as a new cache is released or is it a scheduled thing that runs every day at a specific moment in time? If the later, then a PQ is useless for what I want to achieve. There is no point in receiving results hours later

regards

jorge

Hi,

I have subscribed myself to receive notification in my mailbox regarding newly released caches. Although I can click on each individual link to get more details and see WHERE the newly released cache is, it is quite a lot of work. I would prefer to have newly released caches to be added to a specific private list automatically.

One of the ideas that I have is to use Microsoft Power Automate, have it check for new mails about released caches and then add the corresponding caches to the chosen private list. Would that be possible? (within Power Automate I would need to create a custom connector, have all the endpoint info but also need a client Id and secret)

Regards,

jorge (TeamFapieNijnz)

• Funny 2