Incorrect Setting in Garmin GPSMAP 64s

I loaded some caches onto my gps via GSAK and that part works fine. If I manually load a waypoint, then go to the compass for navigation, the compass takes me to the nearest GSAK loaded cache instead of the manually loaded waypoint I’m trying to navigate to. I think I have an incorrect setting somewhere but I can’t figure out where.

13 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

The compass in the geocache dashboard always points to the nearest geocache or the destination geocache. Use the compass dashboard or compass page when navigating to waypoints.

See GPSrChive > GPSMAP 64 > Operation > Dashboards for additional details.

I don’t have a plain compass option to select from (recreational, automotive, stopwatch, small data fields, large data fields, geocaching, geocaching-detail, elevation plot) but automotive seemed to do the trick. I wish I didn’t have to switch back and forth, but it is what it is. Since there’s an extra digit in the position format in the unit compared to what we use in geocaching - hddd•mm.mmmm vs. hddd•mm.mmm - do you just enter 0?

Again, thanks so much for being so helpful and patient.

1 hour ago, normasgirl said:

I don’t have a plain compass option to select from (recreational, automotive, stopwatch, small data fields, large data fields, geocaching, geocaching-detail, elevation plot) but automotive seemed to do the trick.

You don't see the 'Compass' dashboard listed on your device?

Edited by Atlas Cached

I wish I didn’t have to switch back and forth, but it is what it is

If you find yourself frequently changing multiple settings, this would be a perfect example of why 'Profiles' exist. Configure individual profiles with all your preferred setting for a specific activity, then just switch between profiles as your activity dictates.

See GPSrChive > How To... > Profiles for detailed information.

Since there’s an extra digit in the position format in the unit compared to what we use in geocaching - hddd•mm.mmmm vs. hddd•mm.mmm - do you just enter 0?

I do, yes. Some may enter a '5', but it will make no tangible difference for what you are doing either way.

23 hours ago, normasgirl said:

the compass takes me to the nearest GSAK loaded cache instead of the manually loaded waypoint I’m trying to navigate to

The small compass from the Geocaching dashboard always shows the next cache (or the one you're navigating to). Use the dashboard "Small Datafields" or just the compass page to navigate to a waypoint.

Hans