Locationless Cache on a Trackable's map

Feluko

Hey there,

When I find a Travel Bug or Geocoin, I always like to look at the map to see where they have been to. With the two new Locationless Geocaches, I have seen it 2-3 times now that a TB I found was virtually logged as "taken to" a locationless cache by a previous holder. So it looks like the TB was in Seattle, although a locationless has no fixed location and the TB actually never was outside of Germany. Can it somehow be implemented into the website that it is no longer shown on the map if a trackable was "taken to" a locationless cache?

Greetings from Germany,

Feluko

Edited by Feluko
  • Funny 1

I noticed this as well, and I think that in order to create a truly locationless cache would take more effort than it's worth for the people who do all the coding.

From where I am (Australia), logging a locationless cache adds about 24,000km (14.9k miles) to TB's travels without it going anywhere. Very handy for people who want to add more km onto the TB, very frustrating for the people who want accurate km being recorded.

I suspect that the number of people who want those "free" extra km are the majority, so I don't see it changing. If you have a TB and are logging a locationless cache and don't want to add those extra km, then the only way is to not include the TB in the log. If you own TB's that are out there and being logged by others, then you won't be able to control how they log it.

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
17 hours ago, Feluko said:

When I find a Travel Bug or Geocoin, I always like to look at the map to see where they have been to. With the two new Locationless Geocaches, I have seen it 2-3 times now that a TB I found was virtually logged as "taken to" a locationless cache by a previous holder. So it looks like the TB was in Seattle, although a locationless has no fixed location and the TB actually never was outside of Germany. Can it somehow be implemented into the website that it is no longer shown on the map if a trackable was "taken to" a locationless cache?

What about the "real" Locationless caches that people found years ago (we found 85) ?  

"Real" Locationless caches had the coordinates to a match of whatever was presented by the CO as the first item in the log.

- And you couldn't use the same item/thing/area once someone "found" it...

These were actual places you took a picture of, not these "sorta" locationless created for those whining about "catching up" for stats...

If someone used a Trackable to mark that area as a mileage tracker or remembrance of their locationless cache found, it should stay there.

Edited by cerberus1
marker/tracker
  • Upvote 1