Oregon geocoins

Capt. Jack & 1st Mate

5 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Some coins the other 2/3rds has, have the tracking code on their rim (read it by looking at it "sideways").  Did you check ?  Thanks.   :)

If they do, I'd guess you know not to include the codes here.

While looking it up, I saw a coin of that design from a place that starts with the letters GE, and the tracking code was like “GE0123”.  So I guessed maybe the one pictured above starts with “OR” and then the digits, but a search found nothing.

There are threads about early coins not being Trackable items, but it’s not clear which are or aren’t.

It looks like you could only log this geocoin on the Oregon Geocaching site years back (thread:

Michigan Geocaching had similar coins back then that could only be tracked on a website that is also no longer available.  So these coins are in effect non-trackables today.

• Helpful 1
3 hours ago, SEWdaugh said:

It looks like you could only log this geocoin on the Oregon Geocaching site years back (thread:

Michigan Geocaching had similar coins back then that could only be tracked on a website that is also no longer available.  So these coins are in effect non-trackables today.

Yep, I think that is correct. Guess they're just a collectors item. :)