My longest lived in the wild might be lost after 11 years and 26k miles

ZenRVers

46 minutes ago, ZenRVers said:

11 years, 26,218 miles. Was last seen in September in a cache that is now disabled.  https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2314275

What the longest or farthest a coin in the wild has traveled?

Wow,  that's pretty good !    Curious ... Did you email the last to "discover" on what cache it was spotted ?  Thanks.    :)

It looks (to me) that it may have been last seen in 11/2019, by the person who placed it in a cache that's now disabled. 

Of the two "discovers" later...

One said they were catching up with them "While cleaning up my photo gallery I found countless photos of TBs and Coins that I had taken over the past five years."   "Thanks for showing !", whatever that means.  They could have discovered it years ago.

- And the other simply said "At the moment I can't help you move further, but good luck in your mission. Go Cubbies!", with no mention where they saw the tracking code.

The other 2/3rds remembered this one - TBP6WX - had 90,196.2 in 2011 (from 2006). 

I only started playing half way through last year, and only have a few TB's, but currently my most-travelled on is a LEGO plate which so far has logged 34.5k km (about 21.1k mi). However, 24k km of that log is from being logged in the GC8NEAT locationless cache (which is centred on Seattle), and I put the first 2,500km on it when I took it across the country while on holiday. So it's actually travelled about 7.5k km - all in the hands of one prolific person who seems to have an unlimited fuel budget and is finding many caches almost every day.

Most of my handful of TB's average 3k km, but that's because I took them with me on holiday at the end of last year before dropping them off in another state, and most of them are either still in the cache I dropped them into in December, or have only moved one or two caches.

4 hours ago, Unit473L said:

most of them are either still in the cache I dropped them into in December, or have only moved one or two caches.

Sorry to veer OT, but has anyone been there since ?  Mentioned in a log ?    Thanks.  :)

The last two promotion trackables I received, neither was ever logged, and are missing from the first caches placed in. Good distance in too.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, ZenRVers said:

11 years, 26,218 miles. Was last seen in September in a cache that is now disabled.  https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2314275

What the longest or farthest a coin in the wild has traveled?

Our longest lived TB would be TB2BMEV. We released it in May '08, it has traveled 75,598 miles, the last log was 2-27-21 so it should get a few more miles on it.

Our TB that has gone the farthest would be TB2QAF3. We released that one in 2009, it has traveled 81,948.5 miles. It however has been stalled in a cachers hands in Illinois since May 2020.... hopefully it will get back on the trail soon!

• Upvote 1