Api outage?

sloth96

I recognize, that the server work very slow. Loading the pages on geocaching.com or this forum needs up to a minute for me.

The official App and the webpage logged me out... If I try to log I get an Error Message "Your password or username/email is incorrect".

Fun Fact: The unofficial app for Android works fine... Edit: ok, not work fine. Logging is not possible, but loading caches on the map is possible, and that very fast

Edited by capoaira
5 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

I was able to log in just now, but it took ages. I can move the map manually, but it won't go to the town I type in.

I had to log in today to AL too. I had been logged out.

I have a couple of geocaching outings this week to another town. I am pleased I have already loaded my Garmin.

Wrong, logging in is still broken.

Just now, batgirlmd said:

I wanted to download my list but now it logged me out and says my username/password is incorrect. I still can see my log in logo but can't access any of the links??? I reset my password and that doesn't work either. 

It's broken again. Waiting with many others for a fix.

Try it now.  Just note you might have problems every now and then until the work is complete.

(Yeah, it looks like some work was being done on the site.  I was trying to view a PQ and was logged out.  My password was no longer valid, so I reset the password, which resulted in the same thing: the login page saying the password was incorrect.  As of this moment, though, I'm able to log in.)

• Helpful 1

App (iPhone) and  website are  not lofting in.  I think I read that these forums are on another server.Reminds me of about 15 years ago when the  website would  crash, usually on weekends. Tried to go to the main site from the forums and could not.

Edited by Wacka
1 hour ago, sloth96 said:

Some of my api apps are having problems this morning.  It seems like part of the cluster is having an outage.

Hey best geo-friend sloth96! Hope you're doing well.

Yep, I even could not log in. Changed my password now, but still something is not right and not working smoothly.

Possibly Hampsters mass-tripped on something that got jammed in their turning wheel, and cannot get it out while them spinning it.

Hope it gets fixed.

• Upvote 1