Option for NM, Archive is missing from the dropdown box

x_xenolith_x

18 minutes ago, x_xenolith_x said:

What happened to the site,.. Option for NM, Archive is missing from the drop down box.
can only log:

note

find

didn't find

Has Needs Maintenance and
Needs archived been removed from the website?

On the website click on report a problem.

Screenshot_20210327-032044.png

Screenshot_20210327-032058.png

Edited by Max and 99

On the logging page, click on where it says Report a problem on the right hand side between the log window and the trackables window. This will then bring up some predefined NMs (container is damaged, cache might be missing, etc.) depending on the log type, as well as options for Cache should be Archived and Other for anything not covered by the available options.

image.png.dd8b81a04915a6c47b3632fee86cc8a1.png

Just now, searcherdog said:

I see the same logging screen as Max and 99 using my laptop.

As for the Contact Us ... do you mean the banner at the bottom of each cache page which shows four headings and then clickable links underneath?

image.thumb.png.1491031eec51f3a8fc9874b47d63561a.png 

Good catch. I thought I'd remembered being able to click on contact us but maybe I just imagined it. It appears you are exactly right!

Windows  desktop, Firefox

@x_xenolith_x On the website, there's Old Logging and New Logging.

• If you're mostly logging through GSAK I believe that you can ask to default to Old Logging.
  • Logging directly from the site, you absolutely can default to old logging (on the logging page, see "opt out" in the upper right). 
  • On Old Logging, the pull down on a cache you don't own is Found it, DNF, Write Note, NM, NA
  • Old logging page has the bottom navigation bar,(ie contact us) new logging page does not - it's been optimized for phones (less info, more white space).

I suspect that at some point, Old Logging will disappear, I hope that they revise "new" to be easier to use. 

On a cache that you own, to update coords you MUST use New Logging - the Update Coords log does not appear in old logging, since they did away with "add a waypoint to this log".

old new logging.jpg

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Helpful 1