Technical Problem: No Maps

5 minutes ago, The Snowdog said:

Is it just me? The mini map on Waymark pages hasn't worked for me since last night's updates. No joy at home, work, or smartphone - three computers, three networks.

It's not just you, there's nothing there! It's hard to review waymarks when you can't eyeball the map. 

Been having the same issue. Sometimes its there, and other times its not. It would be much more helpful if Groundspeak got rid of the OpenMaps and replaced it to a similar program that Geocaching has such as Google Maps. I often have to google the coords on submissions I receive to make sure they coords are accurate on satellite view. I honestly hate the way it is currently structured and an update is badly needed. With it not working properly, now it is the time for Groundspeak to integrate part of the Geocaching map to Waymarking.

I'm suffering the same issue. Not working on any of the maps that have multiple waymarks to show. On individual WM pages the map and icon are showing up.

Tested on Firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit) [Linux] , Tor Browser 11.0.7 [Linux], Samsung internet 16.2.1.56 [Android], Chrome (at work) [Windows].

I have cleared all cached cookies etc. & site data in my firefox, but it's still not working. I have also tried with, and without VPN, and from different 'locations'

5 hours ago, SMacB said:

I'm suffering the same issue. Not working on any of the maps that have multiple waymarks to show. On individual WM pages the map and icon are showing up.

Tested on Firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit) [Linux] , Tor Browser 11.0.7 [Linux], Samsung internet 16.2.1.56 [Android], Chrome (at work) [Windows].

I have cleared all cached cookies etc. & site data in my firefox, but it's still not working. I have also tried with, and without VPN, and from different 'locations'

Actually, that's not really a "Technical Problem", but an ongoing glitch that comes and goes with the change of the seasons, changes in barometric pressure, temperature changes, variations in local wind speed or direction, or any or all of the above. It just happens, much like pigeon droppings on your head or rain on your picnic. There's nothing anyone will ever be able to do about it. It's simply baked into our little corner of society. Think of it simply as a charming, unpredictable, yet comforting in its constant presence, aspect of this tiny slice of the cyberworld.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1

The same here no maps to see.

Not in Chrome (laptop and GSM), FireFox, Safari (iPad).

It is not working in Windows 8.1 Chromebook and Ubuntu

Even in the incognito browser the maps are gone

But I do see a error in the console.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 17.36.34.png

Screenshot 2022-03-13 17.33.10.png

• Helpful 1

Hmmm ... the blocked resources by the client (i.e. the browser) look suspicious.

But I just can guess, what is going wrong. Since you tried several OS's and different browsers these things come to my mind:

• Maybe some plugins or extensions installed in the browser or on the computer (like an Ad-Blocker, Bitdefender, or any anti-tracking app) are getting in the way (unlikely, since different OS are affected).
  • Maybe Javascript is disabled in the browsers (also unlikely, but possible).
  • An installed virus/malware scanner could not allow access to the resource. (Again unlikely, because different OS)
  • A proxy/firewall used for accessing the network may deny access - this would be independent of the used OS / browser / computer.

But that's just poking around in the fog. So I'm sorry, I can't help.

Erik.

In the console I see:

<!-- Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
    <noscript>
        <iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-5SV2GZL"
            height="0" width="0" style="display: none; visibility: hidden"></iframe>
    </noscript>
    <!-- End Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->

And the map itself starts with:

<div id="map_canvas" class="googlemap leaflet-container leaflet-fade-anim" tabindex="0" style="position: relative;">

I'm not a coder, but is it possible, that the map doesn't work, because the iframe was blocked? Like FamilieFrohne I'm "poking around in the fog".

The iframe with the tagmanager is not loaded when javascript is enabled - this would be done in the head section of the page then.

Enabled javascript should be default behaviour for the widespread browsers (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera and Safari) - so this observation has nothing to do with the fault.

For the classes used in the leaflet container I can't tell if there is something wrong.

On 3/19/2022 at 3:26 AM, FamilieFrohne said:

The iframe with the tagmanager is not loaded when javascript is enabled - this would be done in the head section of the page then.

Enabled javascript should be default behaviour for the widespread browsers (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera and Safari) - so this observation has nothing to do with the fault.

For the classes used in the leaflet container I can't tell if there is something wrong.

I reiterate:

Actually, that's not really a "Technical Problem", but an ongoing glitch that comes and goes with the change of the seasons, changes in barometric pressure, temperature changes, variations in local wind speed or direction, or any or all of the above. It just happens, much like pigeon droppings on your head or rain on your picnic. There's nothing anyone will ever be able to do about it. It's simply baked into our little corner of society. Think of it simply as a charming, unpredictable, yet comforting in its constant presence, aspect of this tiny slice of the cyberworld.

Keith

I also have the same issue with the map.
I followed the tip @Heva gave (resetting all cookies and accepting everything) which lead to a different error message in the console:

825563621_Screenshotfrom2022-04-0417-23-42.thumb.png.42facc24c69018a1233b4be7c4cb8c7c.png

When following the ReferenceError this is the code that throws it:

146455008_Screenshotfrom2022-04-0417-24-11.thumb.png.1f701983804ba47937ccbdb48f6ab7cb.png

Maybe there has been a change in the update breaking this function.

Edit: After waiting for a while and searching for the error, the map miraculously works now.

Edited by LoNe9700