How do I contact a non-premium member?

boyfester

One of my trackables was dropped off, but the previous holder of it didn’t log it out of their inventory. It’s actually shown in some guy’s YouTube video with its code visible and other geocachers are discovering it. I tried messaging the previous holder but she is not a premium member so I assume she’s not receiving my messages. There has been no response ever. How can I reach them?  The YT video owner didn’t retrieve it, but I don’t know if it’s still there as it was almost a month ago when the video was made. 

Website email and the Message Center are both features that are available to Basic Members.  She has just not answered you, or perhaps isn't checking her email.   Or, perhaps she hasn't set her messages to forward to email.  I suggest a polite follow-up, this time using website email.

Edited by Keystone
  • Helpful 1
11 minutes ago, boyfester said:

One of my trackables was dropped off, but the previous holder of it didn’t log it out of their inventory. It’s actually shown in some guy’s YouTube video with its code visible and other geocachers are discovering it. I tried messaging the previous holder but she is not a premium member so I assume she’s not receiving my messages. There has been no response ever. How can I reach them?  The YT video owner didn’t retrieve it, but I don’t know if it’s still there as it was almost a month ago when the video was made. 

IIRC, if you're using the message center, it was created for basic members who didn't respond/didn't have email listed.

I thought this was explained when you asked in earlier threads.   :)

18 hours ago, boyfester said:

One of my trackables was dropped off, but the previous holder of it didn’t log it out of their inventory.

If I understand the problem correctly you mean: it was really dropped in a cache but not virtually? So it is in another cache now but still listed in the person's hand?

If so you can simply grab the trackable and virtually drop it yourself. You find the code in your trackable listing (*). Or you ask the next finder to grab it.

Jochen

(*) Or in some youtube video. Sorry... ;-))

• Funny 1