Missing new cache description

I received a new cache notification for GC97YR0 yesterday but when I tried to look at the cache page I got a 404 - Page not found.

I'm guessing that the cache was unpublished immediately after publication (if it was archived the page would still be visible).

I'm just curious and wonder if a reviewer can confirm what has happened to it.

Thnaks

Tony

17 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

I received a new cache notification for GC97YR0 yesterday but when I tried to look at the cache page I got a 404 - Page not found.

I'm guessing that the cache was unpublished immediately after publication (if it was archived the page would still be visible).

I'm just curious and wonder if a reviewer can confirm what has happened to it.

Thnaks

Tony

It usually happens fast! I have notifications set up for Retract Listing.

• Helpful 1
14 hours ago, Gill & Tony said:

Thanks.  Curiosity assuaged.    I guess I'll get another notification if it gets published again.

I don't recall ever seeing one of those published again. If the problem was something that could be fixed, it would have been disabled instead of unpublished. The ones I remember seeing all turned out to be caches in areas that are off limits, so no chance of them ever existing.

9 minutes ago, dprovan said:

I don't recall ever seeing one of those published again. If the problem was something that could be fixed, it would have been disabled instead of unpublished. The ones I remember seeing all turned out to be caches in areas that are off limits, so no chance of them ever existing.

I've seen several of these. Most of the time it was just an error publishing them because they weren't supposed to be published quite yet. For example, a coordinate check. I can't remember the other reasons though. If I remember correctly all the ones that I've seen retracted were published soon after. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, dprovan said:

I remember one that was retracted because it was much too close to the final of a puzzle cache.  (The puzzle cache was mine.). T thought reviewers had tools that would prevent this.

11 hours ago, NanCycle said:

I remember one that was retracted because it was much too close to the final of a puzzle cache.  (The puzzle cache was mine.). T thought reviewers had tools that would prevent this.

Two of the caches I've found (that I know of) were retracted.  One was too close to the final of a mystery.  That was 2006.  Back then, I don't think the owner of the mystery had to give the reviewer the coords of the final.   

The other was in the foundation  of a ruins that was deemed to be historical and preserved.