64s Doesn’t Show Caches I’ve Loaded

I just got a 64s and I’m trying to load some caches via a .gpx file and GSAK. There’s no error on the GSAK end, but the 64s says “No results found Try Adjusting Search Parameters “ and no caches show, even though I see the file in the Gpx folder when I connect the unit to my computer. It’s not like they’re there but too far away to show up unless I pan over to that area - there’s nothing on the map. I also sent that same .gpx file to my old 60CSx with no problem. The preloaded caches were very annoying on the 64s, so the first thing I did was delete the  preload.ggz and preload.ver files, but now I’m afraid that might have been a mistake. How do I adjust the search parameters?Suggestions?

57 minutes ago, normasgirl said:

You’re on the right track. I made a new .gpx file consisting of two caches about 20 miles from me, sent it from GSAK to the 64s and 2 caches show up. Yay! But the problem is... I can’t find anywhere in the gps settings to allow caches that are farther away. Ideas?

Garmin has a built-in distance in modern GPSs (something like 60 miles, 100 km) that can’t be changed, and beyond which caches don’t automatically show up.  I’m guessing it’s a clutter and processing thing.

4 hours ago, normasgirl said:

You’re on the right track. I made a new .gpx file consisting of two caches about 20 miles from me, sent it from GSAK to the 64s and 2 caches show up. Yay! But the problem is... I can’t find anywhere in the gps settings to allow caches that are farther away. Ideas?

This, and much. much more is explained at GPSrChive > GPSMAP 64.

3 hours ago, on4bam said:

Yes, Once you'll get closer the caches will appear in the list and on the map.

Read Atlas Cached post AND link.

You can look at the list of caches when using "search near" or scroll the map to the area the caches are in.

When I use search near or scroll the map over to the area that’s supposed to have the caches, there’s nothing there. And search near yields the original change  search parameters error. I would think spell search would retrieve them also, but it doesn’t. 

2 minutes ago, normasgirl said:

When I use search near or scroll the map over to the area that’s supposed to have the caches, there’s nothing there.

Then check your map zoom settings. Likely you have them set to only display at lower elevation zoom scale.

Also, check all your geocache filters, as suggested in the link provided in an earlier post. You may have some caches filtered not to show.

4 minutes ago, normasgirl said:

And search near yields the original change  search parameters error. I would think spell search would retrieve them also, but it doesn’t. 

As pointed out to you in this thread, and at the link provided, no caches beyond 1000 in number, or more than 100 miles away from from your actual location will ever be displayed in the geocache list. Never. Only on the map. And only if the map zoom and filters are configured to allow it.

11 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

Then check your map zoom settings. Likely you have them set to only display at lower elevation zoom scale.

Also, check all your geocache filters, as suggested in the link provided in an earlier post. You may have some caches filtered not to show.

As pointed out to you in this thread, and at the link provided, no caches beyond 1000 in number, or more than 100 miles away from from your actual location will ever be displayed in the geocache list. Never. Only on the map. And only if the map zoom and filters are configured to allow it.

I corrected the zoom setting and the 2 caches 20 miles away from me now appear on the map. I looked at the filter settings and everything is selected to appear but I’m not seeing the faraway caches on the map - just 4 waypoints containing parking coords. Thank you for your patience - this is very frustrating.

10 minutes ago, normasgirl said:

I’m not seeing the faraway caches on the map - just 4 waypoints containing parking coords.

Parking coordinates for the 'far away' caches?

Please email me the GPX files from your GPSMAP 64 that you created with GSAK. atlas.cached at gmail dot com.

Edited by Atlas Cached
39 minutes ago, normasgirl said:

I corrected the zoom setting and the 2 caches 20 miles away from me now appear on the map. I looked at the filter settings and everything is selected to appear but I’m not seeing the faraway caches on the map - just 4 waypoints containing parking coords. Thank you for your patience - this is very frustrating.

That's what I've seen on my various newer Garmin GPSs.  Waypoints as far away as the South Pole, caches only within about an hour's drive.  

48 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

Parking coordinates for the 'far away' caches?

Please email me the GPX files from your GPSMAP 64 that you created with GSAK. atlas.cached at gmail dot com.

Before I emailed the file to you, I decided to go through the whole build file in GSAK, send to GPSr process again and now I can see everything. Thank you so much for your time and patience.Thank you so much for your time and patience.