Is there a way to filter out caches located in neighborhoods?

frewt_ninjas

We just started geocaching yesterday and numerous caches around our town are located in neighborhoods down alleys or on sidewalks. We don't really feel comfortable searching around houses even if it doesn't include going onto anyone's property. Is there a way to filter these locations out when searching for caches? Thank you!

• Funny 1
28 minutes ago, frewt_ninjas said:

We just started geocaching yesterday and numerous caches around our town are located in neighborhoods down alleys or on sidewalks. We don't really feel comfortable searching around houses even if it doesn't include going onto anyone's property. Is there a way to filter these locations out when searching for caches? Thank you!

There's not a way to do this. I respect your question. I don't feel comfortable looking for geocaches in someone's yard with a rare exception if I know them personally. 

You may want to just check the map before you go looking for a geocache. This will at least give you an indication if it's close to a house or an arboretum or a parking lot. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Funny 1
1 hour ago, frewt_ninjas said:

We just started geocaching yesterday and numerous caches around our town are located in neighborhoods down alleys or on sidewalks. We don't really feel comfortable searching around houses even if it doesn't include going onto anyone's property.

Is there a way to filter these locations out when searching for caches? Thank you!

Agree with Isonzo Karst.  I've simply used all available maps, looking for areas of green since we've started.   :)

When the other 2/3rds (a FTF monster...) cached I didn't have that much choice, and "sidewalks" and roadsides were the norm.