Denied for TOO much information

iconions

I have had a waymark denied because in my long description I stated that the information with the map has pictures. I used my typical (picture of  such in such).  The reviewer wants me to remove the information in the parentheses and not state about the pictures.  Here's the deal, my description isn't required - it's extra.  I could put a one line description that states - Map of such and such and not have typed what was even on the map and it would have been accepted.  Flip - I've never gotten in trouble for too much information.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
1 hour ago, iconions said:

I have had a waymark denied because in my long description I stated that the information with the map has pictures. I used my typical (picture of  such in such).  The reviewer wants me to remove the information in the parentheses and not state about the pictures.  Here's the deal, my description isn't required - it's extra.  I could put a one line description that states - Map of such and such and not have typed what was even on the map and it would have been accepted.  Flip - I've never gotten in trouble for too much information.

did you put the info in a block quote? I had one sorta denied, he asked, and taught me how, to put the info in the block quote. One of the few Declines i was happy to get.

33 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

did you put the info in a block quote? I had one sorta denied, he asked, and taught me how, to put the info in the block quote. One of the few Declines i was happy to get.

absolutely ... I'm actually insane with blockquotes.  I think he either wants me to crop each individual picture and actually post it into the waymark through html - which means I have to crop about 10 pictures or remove all of my references to the pictures that I put in there within parentheses.  Of course, none of this is in the category description. 

If the waymark gets denied through the vote, I'm going to remove all 4,000 characters of the long description and make the long description just one sentence, which actually is acceptable.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
23 hours ago, iconions said:

If the waymark gets denied through the vote, I'm going to remove all 4,000 characters of the long description and make the long description just one sentence, which actually is acceptable.  :)

Go for it! Sounds like you've encountered a power freak, no?

• Upvote 1
On 3/13/2021 at 12:42 PM, ScroogieII said:

Go for it! Sounds like you've encountered a power freak, no?

Just to be clear - 
If my long description stated "Map is located at the northern edge of the parking area of Maple Marsh."  This would have been accepted no problem.  Here is a portion of what the reviewer is objecting.  I don't understand why the reviewer would want me to take out the references to the pictures when what is on the flippin' sign and map isn't even required to begin with????  Put that into your category description in the first place and please don't make up new rules as you go along....
image.png.ede1722303355637dedf9ce5c0101809.png

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, iconions said:

Just to be clear - 
If my long description stated "Map is located at the northern edge of the parking area of Maple Marsh."  This would have been accepted no problem.  Here is a portion of what the reviewer is objecting.  I don't understand why the reviewer would want me to take out the references to the pictures when what is on the flippin' sign and map isn't even required to begin with????  Put that into your category description in the first place and please don't make up new rules as you go along....
image.png.ede1722303355637dedf9ce5c0101809.png

I fail to see what objection there would be to including this as written.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see that it was approved. I thought that was the category, but wasn't completely sure, so could not see what exactly was required. But now I can, and am bumfuzzled as to why it would have been disapproved in the first place. You MORE than met the requirements, and there are no rules prohibiting putting the text of the map in the long description.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, vulture1957 said:

I fail to see what objection there would be to including this as written.

It pays to be at least a member of the group - you can see the results of the vote.  
My waymark passed by a split 2/2 vote.  One officer said that only relevant information belonged in the long description.
The other, the officer calling for the vote, said that the listing of photos in the long description "distracts" from the casual description of the 'You are Here' waymark....
Okay, I'm confused - how is information that appears as part of the map not relevant, and also tell me that you cannot understand from my screenshot what I was trying to convey - I think it is actually quite clean, although I used blockquotes the second time around when it got denied because they didn't like the fact I put the marker text in plain text and the rest in html.  Again, not required.  

They also locked this waymark so I can't edit it.  First time that has ever happened to me...

• Funny 1
16 hours ago, pmaupin said:

I just went to the waymark, and it's not locked

Interesting - it was locked yesterday - thanks for checking on it pmaupin!  :)

12 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

WTH -- are category managers getting tired of getting too many submissions, and are TRYING to get on blacklists?? Kind of seems like it.

One bad apple officer.

pmaupin was actually being THE advocate officer on this issue and actually should be commended for following category rules and pushing the waymark through..  

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Love 1