Reviewer-Eyes-Only Photo When Submitting

Lostboy1966

5 minutes ago, Lostboy1966 said:

I'm sure I'm just being dense, but how do I attach a photo when submitting a new cache for review that is meant just to be a reference for the Reviewer? In other words, when the cache is published, the picture does not show up on the cache page.

Very good question! Photos that you add to the reviewer note will be deleted when the geocache is published. I hope someone else will chime in and confirm. 

It's been a while since I've done this but after you log a reviewer note I think you can add a photo just like all other logs on a geocache page. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1

Attach the photo to a reviewer note log.  When your cache is published, all reviewer notes are deleted automatically - along with their associated images.  The images will not show up in your profile's "Gallery."  (Years ago, they did - which was a security gap for cache owners.)

The other option is to attach the photo directly to the cache page.  You would need to remember to delete the image manually, which is a drawback.

• Helpful 3