Elapsed time in forum posts

Max and 99

I did some more digging. It seems to me the elapsed time is only shown when someone responds to an old thread. This appears to be a new feature on the forums. But when I look at the elapsed time, I can't match it to anything specific, not to the original post not to the last post so I'm just not understanding what it refers to. 

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

I did some more digging. It seems to me the elapsed time is only shown when someone responds to an old thread. This appears to be a new feature on the forums. But when I look at the elapsed time, I can't match it to anything specific, not to the original post not to the last post so I'm just not understanding what it refers to. 

We noticed that threads that were long gone are now showing how long it's been when someone adds something to it.

Maybe it's a reminder of "improvidently bumped" threads, like where one from OT was responding to years-old threads just to leave a joke.

With some new folks though, it may be the only thread they found in search. 

1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

We noticed that threads that were long gone are now showing how long it's been when someone adds something to it.

Maybe it's a reminder of "improvidently bumped" threads, like where one from OT was responding to years-old threads just to leave a joke.

With some new folks though, it may be the only thread they found in search. 

That's my suspicion on the reasoning.