Get GPX files onto my Garmin Etrex 10 on Chromebook

andymillerpj

I got a new chromebook a few months ago.  I was able to download gpx files, move from downloads folder to etrex 10 through usb cable.  Now I try to do that I get "file can't be modified" message.  I tried resetting both etex and chromebook and its just not happening.  Any advice?

My first GPSr was an Etrex 10. However, from the start I took out Premium Membership and set up (on my computer)  GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to which I loaded Pocket Queries and loaded my Etrex 10 from there. I found it quite easy to do that way and I've never loaded GPX files directly so I can't help there. Someone will be along soon possibly have an answer to your specific problem.

set up (on my computer)  GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

GSAK is great, but unfortunately, it's only available for Windows.

Do you have a non-Chromebook computer you can try it on? If you have an Android phone, you can even try it with that, provided you have a USB OTG adapter, which are super cheap if you don't (though be super careful if you go that route, I screwed up my old eTrex 20 by accidently formatting the memory when I plugged it into my phone). If you can't do it with another device, then it's probably some sort of issue with the memory of the GPSr. If it works fine, it probably has to do with some quirk of Chrome OS.