No detailed map on Garmin Oregon 750t

Since September 2020 I own a Garmin Oregon 750t which i solely use for geocaching.

Till some month ago everything worked as it should.

But now I'm facing a problem:

With the zoom at 5km I get a green background on the map. When I zoom to 2km or more (e.g. 100m) I get a white map with the geocache icons, but without any routes or paths...

I've tried to (hard)reset the device and checked my settings over and over... but nothing seems to let my device work as it should.

The software version on the 750t is 5.30.

I provide you with the settings I think that are important:

• System > Satellite >
    • GPS + GLONASS
    • WAAS/EGNOS: enabled
  • Presentation > Modus > day
  • Map
    • Configure maps
      • Worldwide DEM Basemap NR (2019) > enabled
      • TopoActive Europe 2020.20, North East (2020) > enabled
      • Garmin DEM Map EU 2020.10 > enabled
    • Advanced settings
      • Detail > normal

I've added some photoq where one can see my map lay-out.

Does anyone ever got this problem and got it solved? Because I'm out of inspiration... I also send a similar message to Garmin... but they apparently don't seem to bother (to even send me an answer - but hey.... they've cashed my money some months ago...).

1. image with zoom at 5km
  2. image with zoom at 3km - white map without detail - no detailed map of roads or paths
  3. image with zoom at 800m - white map without detail - only geocache icons - no detailed map of roads or paths

zoom5km.jpeg

zoom3km.jpeg

zoom800m.jpeg

I am not aware of any Oregon devices having TopoActive maps pre-installed, so they must be purchased somewhere.

What are the names of all the files in the Oregon 'Garmin' directory and in the microSD card 'Garmin' directory, and their exact file sizes? (A screen capture would be great here)

When trying to update the device, the TopoActive map was too large to got installed on the device itself; hence the use of a microSD Card.

But for now we're in trouble because the map doesn't display details

And what's even worse... Garmin doesn't seem to bother. I send the same info to the support of Garmin... but until now not a single sign of reaction. Great support... NOT!!!

8 minutes ago, hilke1971 said:

When trying to update the device, the TopoActive map was too large to got installed on the device itself; hence the use of a microSD Card.

But for now we're in trouble because the map doesn't display details

And what's even worse... Garmin doesn't seem to bother. I send the same info to the support of Garmin... but until now not a single sign of reaction. Great support... NOT!!!

If you can provide the information requested in previous posts, we may be able to help you!

I got the thing working I think?!

The TopoActive map was installed on the microSD card (4Gb) in the folder Garmin, together with a subfolder for SQL Lite. This folder wasn't there the last time...

Perhaps that this was the missing link?

We got the details back on the map when we zoom in the Geocaching module.

Although... when I choose a geocache and click 'Go' sometimes the device completely shuts down.

Today I'm receiving a microSD card with some larger capacity. I'm going to install/synchronize with this new card. Let's wait and see if the new issue keeps happening...