search for puzzles and with a distance radius

protonspinner

49 minutes ago, protonspinner said:

I perform a search using my home location as the centre for caches.  The default is 16 KM.  I go in and select 50 KM radius and puzzles only but it won't search the 50 KM radius no matter how many times I change it. Is there a work around?   

It works for me, I see all the mystery caches out to 50km from home in the result list. You might need to be a bit more specific about what you're doing, maybe include a screen shot of your serach filter settings. Just a thought, after you changed the filter settings, did you scroll right down to the bottom and click the Update Search button?

• Helpful 1

Search, centered on coords of the first cache you placed: Mystery, not found by protonspinner , 50km  (i use miles, so it's 31 miles, about the same distance).

This search returns 799 caches.  To get them on a list, you need to limit to 500 total, so pull down the radius

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?lat=53.461783&lng=-113.53225&origin=N+53°+27.707+W+113°+31.935&g=-1&radius=31mi&types=8&nfb[0]=protonspinner&utr=false

There are no "negative" values in Search, so you can't eliminate challenges. 

In a Pocket query, you could exclude the challenge attribute. Same results, but without challenges where the owner or the site has added that attribute, which is most of them. A very few old enough to not have "challenge" in the title may have been missed.

• Helpful 1

Okay stupid question time .... when I follow that link you made for him, I can now edit the distance radius, but when I start a new search myself, the distance radius is always grayed out?  I had quit using that search on mobile because of this, I thought it was a bug (feature) of mobile. 📱 

19 minutes ago, TopShelfRob said:

Okay stupid question time .... when I follow that link you made for him, I can now edit the distance radius, but when I start a new search myself, the distance radius is always grayed out?  I had quit using that search on mobile because of this, I thought it was a bug (feature) of mobile. 📱 

On the top page of the website Search, click in the white box that says City, state, coordinates, GC code... and a dropdown menu will appear giving a choice of centering the search on your home coordinates or current location (or you can just type a location or GC code into that box to make that the centre of your search):

image.png.523e354728d0b9838a3da148261895d7.png

Once you've done that, you can then go into Filters and change the search radius to whatever you want.

• Helpful 1