GC mail sender address changed

c-h-b

Why has the sender address for watchlist, owner and notification mails been changed from 'noreply@geocaching.com' to 'invalid@geocaching.com'? My mail filters don't work correctly anymore.

Could you use the old sender address again, please?

12 minutes ago, c-h-b said:

Why has the sender address for watchlist, owner and notification mails been changed from 'noreply@geocaching.com' to 'invalid@geocaching.com'? My mail filters don't work correctly anymore.

Could you use the old sender address again, please?

Just adjust your mailfilters ;)

I hadn't noticed this change as my mails were filtered as they always were. I filter on "to: " address (unique address for GC) and subjectlines.

1 minute ago, lodgebarn said:

Ha ha, that will teach me to change my filters too soon. :D:D

Or create better filters ;)

For PQs I filter on "To:" address (it's unique for PQs), Notifications are filtered on (part of) the subject line and "To:" address. A change in "sender" or "reply to" address doesn't change the way mails are filtered.

• Surprised 1
2 hours ago, on4bam said:

A change in "sender" or "reply to" address doesn't change the way mails are filtered.

But a change in the format of the subject line would, and you'd either have to have a very generic text match on the subject or else have different filters for each possible subject, so I don't see that this is a "better" way of doing it - just different.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MartyBartfast said:

But a change in the format of the subject line would, and you'd either have to have a very generic text match on the subject or else have different filters for each possible subject, so I don't see that this is a "better" way of doing it - just different.

Hasn't happened in 14 (almost 15 years). First filter is for the "To:" address and that's 100% in my hands ;)

14 hours ago, on4bam said:

Or create better filters ;)

For PQs I filter on "To:" address (it's unique for PQs), Notifications are filtered on (part of) the subject line and "To:" address. A change in "sender" or "reply to" address doesn't change the way mails are filtered.

Yes and no, these filters were to pick off specific types like Owner logs and New Caches of various types and put them in different folders. In order to avoid false positives I was filtering by the from address and subject. Using Thunderbird the filter process lacks the ability to have a list of valid addresses. However I could have been smarter and used "ends with" to just process geocaching.com at the end of address. So thanks for making me think better :D.

On 3/2/2021 at 1:30 PM, Frau Potter said:

Yes, this was an unintentional change. It has been changed back to noreply@. Thanks for reporting it!

I am trying to get my alerts and preferred email / SMS workin

spent about 20 mins with ATT ...no blocking on their side

i just now removed and re-added my sms and validated again...now emails come from “invalid@geocaching.com”

with an odd html attached file 

any thoughts on how to get back to normal?

1C8FD222-55D1-4A96-A3E9-756C499732E2.png

Edited by Scarch
Add pic
  • Upvote 1