Oldest cache in each county

DRJDSmith

Do you mean the oldest active cache?  Several of the caches on the List which HHL linked to are now archived.

This is pretty easy in GSAK.  As one of the Community Volunteer Reviewers for Ohio, I maintain a complete database of all active caches in the State.  I can update the counties where the listed cache is archived.

• Helpful 2

I also did the same search that HHL did and found the same result. I did notice that several of the caches were achieved. Keystone, yes, I am referring to the oldest active cache in each county. Is there a way you can send me a list of those or attach a link to this post?

I am looking for the same thing, albeit for Michigan. And specifically for Oakland County. I am watching a challenge cache that requires cachers to have found at least 5 of the 7 oldest caches in the county. Unfortunately some of these vintage caches get archived and the next oldest gets added to the list. So now I am wondering what the next oldest caches would be. 

And while I'm here...is there a way to search caches by a state? I recall there used to be a way to do this but I don't recall how. Or maybe that function has disappeared? Specifically, I'm trying to find the oldest active caches in Michigan. 

8 hours ago, JeepGPS said:

trying to find the oldest active caches in Michigan

US States are easy, go to Search, enter Michigan regional search, rank on placed, oldest first

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?radius=10mi&origin=Michigan%2C United States&ot=1&g=23&sort=PlaceDate&asc=True

counties can be done on project gc, though I'm not to explain it - because I always struggle a bit with doing it, and haven't had any coffee yet - better no directions than bad directions

• Helpful 1
On 12/18/2021 at 7:10 AM, Isonzo Karst said:

US States are easy, go to Search, enter Michigan regional search, rank on placed, oldest first

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?radius=10mi&origin=Michigan%2C United States&ot=1&g=23&sort=PlaceDate&asc=True

counties can be done on project gc, though I'm not to explain it - because I always struggle a bit with doing it, and haven't had any coffee yet - better no directions than bad directions

Thanks for this. I tried sorting by placed date before but apparently that's a premium member feature? Anyway, I bookmarked your link for future reference. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:23 PM, Keystone said:

Here are the oldest caches in Oakland County, Michigan, sorted by hidden date, through the end of 2004.

image.png.975fc4bc2ff05864f368d4e9c53d8eca.png

Now that's quite a dataset!  Looking through this I realize I have found all 28 cached that you have pictured here. And my own cache is the 13th oldest in the county. Thanks for all the info!